Share Note Via Email: All users to use "Return" in the message description

When sending a note via email, if you hit "return" in the message field (to start a new line), it sends the message. I want to be able to write a few lines, and have them spaced out with returns. I can't tell you how many notes I've emailed that have "Hi <persons name> – " as the only thing in the message because every time I hit return, it sends the note!

I also noticed that there is a pretty limited character count on what you can include in the message. It would be helpful to see the number of characters remaining as I type (I'd love to see this on Scratch Pad too btw). 

Not sure if this is specific to Mac or not, so added it to the Mac forum but would love to know if the behavior is the same on Windows. If so, happy to have this moved to the general feature request area.

2021-08-05_15-47-52.thumb.png.dfe69387cd3429c72835d6ce7ed4733d.png

• Stacey Harmon changed the title to Share Note Via Email: All users to use "Return" in the message description
1 hour ago, Stacey said:

When sending a note via email, if you hit "return" in the message field (to start a new line), it sends the message. I want to be able to write a few lines, and have them spaced out with returns. I can't tell you how many notes I've emailed that have "Hi <persons name> – " as the only thing in the message because every time I hit return, it sends the note!

I also noticed that there is a pretty limited character count on what you can include in the message. It would be helpful to see the number of characters remaining as I type (I'd love to see this on Scratch Pad too btw). 

Not sure if this is specific to Mac or not, so added it to the Mac forum but would love to know if the behavior is the same on Windows. If so, happy to have this moved to the general feature request area.

2021-08-05_15-47-52.thumb.png.dfe69387cd3429c72835d6ce7ed4733d.png

I just tested and got the same results as you. However, because it works that one on some sites, including Facebook, I have become used to using Shift-Enter. It works everywhere I have tested it, including EN email message. 

• Like 1

Only somewhat related -- sometimes I won't put in the recipient's address until I have the message the way I want it.

I do this in regular email when I'm sending a reply when I'm concerned about sending prematurely.

I actually can't tell if you can do this in Evernote though cause I'm just a Plus user and the share by email feature isn't available to me.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Good idea. It is possible to do this when sharing a note by email.

You can’t change the note itself when sending the mail. But you can type a comment that will show above the notes content. And this comment you can type and edit first, before you enter the recipients mail address.