Show Pinned Note in Note List

• Level 5*

Now that we can have pinned notes displayed in the dashboard, it would be nice if that note (or notes if you have professional) could be pinned to the top of the note list pane.  Also keep them pinned (always displayed) when scrolling the note list.

I hope that's in their pipeline too. It's one of the most upvoted general feature requests: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/304-general-feature-requests/

13 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Also keep them pinned (always displayed) when scrolling the note list.

Couldn't that be problematic though? What if you had more pinned notes than the size of the window allowed. Like say I'm using one machine with a big monitor so it works fine, but on my 13" laptop I can only see one or two notes (or none) in the scroll area.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Boot17 said:

I hope that's in their pipeline too. It's one of the most upvoted general feature requests: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/304-general-feature-requests/

Yes, that request has been out there for a while, but now that pinned notes has been implemented in the dashboard I created a new topic to hopefully encourage them to not stop there.

The situation you describe could be problematic, and it would be a problem with searching, now that I think about it.  Those details would need to be worked through.  I suppose making pinned notes scrollable to be an option would work but it does complicate the coding.  I would be happy if they would just pin the note(s) to the top of the list in the all notes view.

On 8/5/2021 at 2:17 PM, s2sailor said:

Now that we can have pinned notes displayed in the dashboard, it would be nice if that note (or notes if you have professional) could be pinned to the top of the note list pane.  Also keep them pinned (always displayed) when scrolling the note list.

Wouldn't adding a note to shortcuts accomplish pinning a Note to "The Main List pane"? Adding an icon, Asterix, or a number to the Note will move the Note to the top of the list under shortcuts. Furthermore, I can see 3 recent notes under shortcuts in the android app. I do agree, a pin section would be convenient. If the Evernote developers would add the Option "add to shortcuts and pin," this would work. 

I would also like to pin or bring a Note to the top of the "secondary Notebook List pane."

the pane that I am referring to, is the one that lets you view in small, large and card view. This pane also allows you to sort by date updated, date created, and title. 

9 hours ago, G Hernandez said:

Adding an icon, Asterix, or a number to the Note will move the Note to the top of the list under shortcuts.

The order of the shortcuts can be changed (at least in desktop and web apps) by simply dragging them around. No need to have them start with a special character. Combined with the ctrl-<number> shortcut it is a very fast way of accessing notes (and searches, tags etc). The limitation is keeping it to a manageable number.

I'm a "tagger" rather than a "notebooker" so the vast majority of my notes go into a single notebook. My system is to tag with content based tags (finance, running etc) and to tag particularly important notes with a $pinned tag. In the legacy version (Windows) it is very easy to select the content tag and then shift-click the $pinned tag in the sidebar to select only those notes which I would pin to the top, if the facility existed. Unfortuantely you can not (yet?) shift click tags in the sidebar of V10 to select an additional tag. This means I'm stuck with the filter menu (or a tag: type search). I recently discovered alt-F2 which goes directly to the tag filter. Combined with judicious naming of tags to keep them at the top of the list it is still, for me, a manageable alternative to pinned notes. As you can see I use some other "dollar tags" to group notes across subjects such as those I am currently working on etc

image.png.ea32a137c2d6043e50646519b7f6af7d.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
15 hours ago, G Hernandez said:

Wouldn't adding a note to shortcuts accomplish pinning a Note to "The Main List pane"? Adding an icon, Asterix, or a number to the Note will move the Note to the top of the list under shortcuts. Furthermore, I can see 3 recent notes under shortcuts in the android app. I do agree, a pin section would be convenient. If the Evernote developers would add the Option "add to shortcuts and pin," this would work. 

I would also like to pin or bring a Note to the top of the "secondary Notebook List pane."

the pane that I am referring to, is the one that lets you view in small, large and card view. This pane also allows you to sort by date updated, date created, and title. 

Shortcuts are very useful.  I use them as well.  Depending on the device I’m using I will minimize the left hand pane.  That is when I would find having pinned notes in the secondary, note list pane, to be very useful. The email app I use has a pin feature and I use that all the time.

21 hours ago, G Hernandez said:

Wouldn't adding a note to shortcuts accomplish pinning a Note to "The Main List pane"?

Not really... Pinning those notes to the top of the note list gives you context for just those notes in that notebook or tag. Just making certain notes shortcuts separates them from their grouped context. And if you had hundreds of notebooks or tags, then the shortcuts just becomes this super huge list of all your "pinned" notes combined.

• Like 1