Evernote is deteriorating

Idea

Hi Guys,

First of all. It seems super difficult to give just direct feedback / improvement suggestions. In the end I need to come to some forum where I need to come up with a username for an account that I already have and try to come up with a username not in use for many times. So I am writing here, feeling that it is not the best place to give this feedback .. or maybe it is. Is there a good place? Perhaps Evernote does not want feedback.

I have been faithful user of evernote some ten years now. I have paid good money for it for couple of years. What I find, is that the quality of Evernote is deteriorating. More features are coming and the UX is getting worse and worse. It has become increasingly more difficult to use Evernote to the purpose I adopted it. To make and take notes and save them for good.

I dont want to even describe how your electron / desktop app does not work. Thus I use the web version on my computer. Today that one announced when I was writing a note that "issue with syncing" or alike with a popup and made it impossible for me to just write. Man..

If I knew of a solution now that would do what I wanted to do (take notes and save them for good with reasonable search algorithms), I would swap immediatly, trusting that import export functionalities work between these two software. I am very close of starting that quest.

Daniel of the username that was very hard to find

Customer Success Manager in company x

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5

About feedback:There is a feedback function build into all v10 clients, exactly to propagate the user feedback. This is new with v10, it did not exist in prior versions. Just use it (desktop:help menu, mobile: in settings).

About user names to the forum: We have treated many issues here, but this one is a new one. Call yourself R2D2, followed by your serial number, and you have no problem. May the force be with you !

• Like 1
13 hours ago, daniel man good username said:

Hi Guys,

First of all. It seems super difficult to give just direct feedback / improvement suggestions. In the end I need to come to some forum where I need to come up with a username for an account that I already have and try to come up with a username not in use for many times. So I am writing here, feeling that it is not the best place to give this feedback .. or maybe it is. Is there a good place? Perhaps Evernote does not want feedback.

I have been faithful user of evernote some ten years now. I have paid good money for it for couple of years. What I find, is that the quality of Evernote is deteriorating. More features are coming and the UX is getting worse and worse. It has become increasingly more difficult to use Evernote to the purpose I adopted it. To make and take notes and save them for good.

I dont want to even describe how your electron / desktop app does not work. Thus I use the web version on my computer. Today that one announced when I was writing a note that "issue with syncing" or alike with a popup and made it impossible for me to just write. Man..

If I knew of a solution now that would do what I wanted to do (take notes and save them for good with reasonable search algorithms), I would swap immediatly, trusting that import export functionalities work between these two software. I am very close of starting that quest.

Daniel of the username that was very hard to find

Customer Success Manager in company x

I agree.  I have been a faithful happy user of Evernote for a decade also.  Now, it has gotten bad.  Quit trying to "fix" it.  It was great before!

• Level 5

Oh glory old days, golden sunshine … (I skip the rest)

The not so good old days saw hardly a release in 2 years, had trouble to even keep up with OS releases, was stuck on a 32bit client on Windows (I still hear users crying out for dark mode here), web clipper disappeared on major browsers for weeks after updates, etc. And there was only one highlighter color, for years it was stuck on yellow (which spawned some pretty colorful forum posts).

If you wish to go back to THIS, just install legacy as your sole client. Ignore the world is turning, live „the good old days“.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I must add my name the long list of people who got wearied by the so-called "improvements" of this once great program.

Can the almighty EN developers and their enlightened executives just try to listen to the complains and restore some of the old functions (go and read through the many forums to get some inspiration), instead of keep telling how great the new EN and rising prices?

Today I just discovered that it is no more possible even to edit an encrypted text, a further step in making this function useless after they removed the probability to encrypt single notes, then texts with tables, then any advance formatting, etc.

Seriously: what are you doing there?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, steamerzone said:

Things that I am missing in the new update, forcing me to go back to 6.25.

- Outlook clipper no longer available.

Outlook's Evernote clipper is still around, I'm using it now. It's available in Outlook's "Add-in Store" -- and works on Outlook for Windows and Mac.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Oh glory old days, golden sunshine … (I skip the rest)

The not so good old days saw hardly a release in 2 years, had trouble to even keep up with OS releases, was stuck on a 32bit client on Windows (I still hear users crying out for dark mode here), web clipper disappeared on major browsers for weeks after updates, etc. And there was only one highlighter color, for years it was stuck on yellow (which spawned some pretty colorful forum posts).

If you wish to go back to THIS, just install legacy as your sole client. Ignore the world is turning, live „the good old days“.

Differing views on this.  For some use cases "the good old days" are the only time in which a client lives that works, both functionality and speed wise. 

Not avoiding change.  it's just that at this point in time the new version is largely inferior to the current version.  Painfully inferior.  With 55k notes and multiple streamlined workflows using V10 is going backwards, not forwards.  Empirically if one had the patience to use a stopwatch.  For me anyway.  And I know, I may be an edge case in Evernote's new world order of accomplishing things.  Which I find somewhat ironic.  🙂

• Level 5

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic... Don't you think
A little too ironic... And, yeah, I really do think...

Alanis Morrisette, 2005

Would have mentioned EN in the lyrics if it already existed ...

• Level 5*

Nice thought though I'm not sure that EN is comparable to meeting the person of your dreams and finding they are attached.  It is only software after all.  Not a religious experience.  😉

• Like 1