sketch recognize hand and stylus pen

yakir_1

hey i would like to know if its possible that the sketch option will not recognize my hand as a pen, im trying somtimes to write equation and it relly bothers me that my hand is recognize (im working on tablat)

• Level 5

Sketch is a basic functionality, and AFAIK has no hand recognition. For me it works pretty well, but this is maybe because I use an iPad with Apple Pencil, and have set the drawing function in iOS settings to „only Pencil“. Thus it ignores finger / hand input altogether.

If you run into problems, use any other app, and copy / share the pictures into EN. Downside: You can’t edit them in EN later.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:02 PM, yakir_1 said:

hey i would like to know if its possible that the sketch option will not recognize my hand as a pen, im trying somtimes to write equation and it relly bothers me that my hand is recognize (im working on tablat)

Yes! This right here I totally agree with. I was just on here to talk about updating the sketch to include pens with an eraser at the back. Making it easier to erase instead of changing to the eraser. It causes me to lose focus every time. My Surfacebook has a microsoft whiteboard app that conforms really well to my needs. But jeez if I could use 1 app for everything, it would surely help. I feel like Evernote is losing it's touch.

• Level 5

It never was anything near a good handwriting app, even on a superior platform like an iPad for this use case. Why it should now be „loosing its touch“ when not supporting a specific hardware escapes my phantasy.

EN currently tries to keep the features for all desktop and all mobile clients on par, independently from the underlying OS. I doubt they will now fall into the trap to break this up just to support a specific device.

No problem if they do the same improvement for all pencil based UIs, from Android phones over tablets ‚til double use laptops.