Add/view sidebar and note list to any page or option to open another "Note viewer" window

Is there a way to add or view the sidebar and note list to any page or window in evernote? It looks like I am limited to only one page/window that I can view that UI. Also, if I close that single window that has the sidebar and note list, there is no option to getting it back.

If this is the way evernote functions it is very restrictive. If i have my note up and my careful curated list of notes on the side and someone calls me and I need to access another note, I will lose my note and note list view. I would like to have an option to open another "Note viewer" window.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Device? OS? Web?  In general the sidebar/ note list is an index to all notes.  When you find one of interest,  that note can be opened in its own window.  Then the index can be used to find another,  and another... 

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Mac OS. Yes, I understand it can be used the way you suggest and that is good for many situations. But often I am working through a list of notes and then when something popups that I have to search for another note, I have to lose that note list and my note in order to search for another. I would rather open another viewer window with the sidebar/note list and work from it for the new activity and be able to close and instantly resume were I left off with the other window. I know you can open the note into a new window but I would rather have quick access to that list and the spot in the list i was working on. Pre-evernote v10 allowed us to do that, every window allowed you to view the sidebar and note list. I hope I have explained that well enough! Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Well explained.

Currently the handling of multiple views in v10 is lacking some functions (plus no tabs).

The forum mainly works user2user. You can send your issue directly to EN by the feedback function (in every client), or through a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Best you could hope for (I think) is to use both the web/ browser version and the installed desktop version together,  which gives you two 'main' windows - but I'm not a Mac user;  maybe others here will have better ideas!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Not different to the Windows client (I mean in this aspect …). 

I just found the handling of multiple apps in Windows better (surprise !), but sure it is possible to use installed client and web client side by side. The web client even allows for more than one tab.

• Like 1