How to clear search criteria?

After I search something and finding my note, the search keyword continues to stay in the search box and I can't see all the notes.  Is there a way (like we could in legacy) to be able to clear the search criteria and go back to all notes view on the main Evernote window?  And can we do this without having to use the mouse?

I can do the following to clear the search word

• Hit the cross in the search bar
  • Click on a specific notebook
  • Click on "Notes"

If you want to do it without using the mouse then alt-ctrl-4 is the shortcut for notes

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As long as I use notes from the search results, the search stays on. EN assumes I may have to look up more than one note from the results.

When I am done, I can click the (x) in the search field to clear it, or any other element. This clears the search field as well.

19 hours ago, Mike P said:

If you want to do it without using the mouse then alt-ctrl-4 is the shortcut for notes

Yes you sensed me right. I don't want to use the mouse.  When I use alt-ctrl-4 as you suggested, it takes me to the list of notebooks.  But because of your nudge, I found out that ctrl-alt-2 is what I use to get to the list of notes. Thank you.  I was hoping for more like a legacy behavior.  But this will work.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kkrathi said:

When I use alt-ctrl-4 as you suggested, it takes me to the list of notebooks.  But because of your nudge, I found out that ctrl-alt-2 is what I use to get to the list of notes.

Sorry, my mistake. You are absolutely right it is alt-ctrl-2 to go to the list of all notes.

• Like 1