I have an Evernote Plus subscription through the Apple iTunes Store.  Before you refer me to Apple, please be advised that I have spoken extensively with them already and they are unable to help me.  My annual subscription renewed recently at about the same time as you shuffled your product line and removed the customer service functionality from your Web site.  I want to upgrade to an annual subscription to Evernote Personal.  If I try to do this on my iPhone, I’m offered only the choice of a monthly subscription.  Furthermore, the iPhone app does not explain what would happen to my existing Evernote Plus subscription if I were to choose a monthly Personal subscription.  Would the Personal subscription start approximately a year from now, when my Plus subscription expires?  Or would the Personal subscription begin to run immediately, so that I would be paying for a Plus and Personal subscription at the same time, which I obviously don’t want? All of this makes no sense whatsoever.  Please help.

• Level 5

The access to support was not changed, if you look up the plans comparison on the EN web site.

When you follow the link posted by @gazumped you can get support for every plan, on account issues. Choose „account“ as ticket type.

Support sorted out other cases, which was reported here in the forum. There are too many payment options to cover them all here, user to user. But the principle was always you subscribe for the new plan, pay for it, and EN makes a reimbursement for the unused period of the old plan.

But this must me managed through support.

It is still possible to open a support ticket but this ability is well hidden on the Web site.  Here's what it says about support:

Get Support

If you’re having trouble with Evernote, check out the articles in Help & Learning or get assistance from other Evernote users in our discussion forums. Evernote Premium and Business customers can also access additional support options.

This implies that only higher-tier users have access to direct customer service.  Simply sleazy.  The option for all customers to open a ticket should be prominently noted on  the Support page.

Apple has been no help in all of this.  Evernote Support answered my E-mail inquiry and outlined a solution that does not work.  Utter failure.

• Level 5

I don’t want to side with EN in how they are setting up access to support. It seems that they want people first to do at least a try on finding help in the help documents provided on the help database. When this failed they offer the support options.

However on the mobile client, the support option is right there, in the apps settings. A few clicks, and you can open the ticket.

So I think they don’t want to prohibit access, they just try to make people look up the relevant documents before opening the link to support.