Offline Notebooks - downloading incredibly slow - as bad as much earlier releases of v10.xx for iOS

Hello,

Good afternoon.  I installed ver10.14 when it became available, and it seemed alright, no major hiccups.  I had spent weeks several months back downloading offline notebook content to my iPhone, back when notebook downloads would take forever.  Unfortunately I had assumed that offline synching was still current - so two days ago when we were in a mountainous region, I unexpectedly found that several notes I needed were not accessible - because offline notebook synching had fallen seriously behind over time, and I had not thought I would need to monitor that aspect of the app.  What a mistake...

So I decided to start over:  ver10.14 got deleted, the phone restarted, and ver10.14 reinstalled.  I knew based on previous versions of the app released in the last six months that offline notebook synching should not be a painful process, but not one that takes multiple days.  I have 14k notes total, and 11k in the biggest notebook.  Since Saturday afternoon, that notebook is just under 10% completely downloaded.  It feels like the early days over ver10.xx where performance was not good.

Has anyone else encountered this performance with the latest version?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, southernforge said:

I have 14k notes total, and 11k in the biggest notebook.  Since Saturday afternoon, that notebook is just under 10% completely downloaded.  It feels like the early days over ver10.xx where performance was not good.

Has anyone else encountered this performance with the latest version?

Yes.

My largest notebook is about 8K and I have yet been able to fully download it on any version of v10.  I leave it plugged in with the screen on and what happens, every time, is that it will get about 50% through and then the app will close.  Restarts will move it a little more and then the app closes.  After a couple of restarts the app becomes unstable and I have to delete it and reinstall to even use it.  My next largest notebook is around 700 notes and that, and other smaller notebooks will download, but the large one never does.  I now, unfortunately, keep the large notebook deselected from offline download.  Every few new versions I will try again ... ever hopeful.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

With the method I describe it took me 3 nights to download 7.000 notes / 25GB.

Not really fast, but not that bad either.

Just never log out, offline content will be gone on that client if you do.

I got lucky and only had to restart the incomplete downloading of a dozen folders. Thanks for heading me in the right direction!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
On 8/2/2021 at 5:30 PM, s2sailor said:

Yes.

My largest notebook is about 8K and I have yet been able to fully download it on any version of v10.  I leave it plugged in with the screen on and what happens, every time, is that it will get about 50% through and then the app will close.  Restarts will move it a little more and then the app closes.  After a couple of restarts the app becomes unstable and I have to delete it and reinstall to even use it.  My next largest notebook is around 700 notes and that, and other smaller notebooks will download, but the large one never does.  I now, unfortunately, keep the large notebook deselected from offline download.  Every few new versions I will try again ... ever hopeful.

I've been meaning to update this topic.  Since the beginning of V10 I have never been able to completely make my largest notebook offline.  As noted above, I would get about half way through and the app would close and then get increasingly unstable until I had to remove it and download it again.  I tried all the suggested methods and nothing worked, so I avoided keeping a few of my larger notebooks offline.  Since the implementation of the new sync ... this now works.  It took a few weeks to get all of my notebooks offline but they now are and the app is still stable.  I can finally cross this problem off my list.  I'm frequently critical of Evernote, but with this fixed, well done and thank you! 

• Thanks 1