Android not syncing correctly

10.13.2Based on a post I saw on Reddit, I checked the total number of notes across all devices. 

11,345 on Windows and Web. Android at 10,383 but still syncing. I haven't been to the All notes section of the Android in a while.

I have added 70 notes in the past week.

10 minutes later Android says 11,949?!?

20 minutes - 10,432
30m - Said, 11,248, then dropped immediately back to 10,464.

40m - exactly the same' 11.248 to 10,464

After an hour, 11,248 - 11,400 - 10.464. Giving up

A quick scan of notebooks show accurate numbers on most, but some notebook show as multiple copies. One with 429 notes has 4 copies. 

*I should note that all during this time, new/recent notes and tasks were showing up in the proper place.

It's opening faster, and I can get to recent stuff, but this is clearly a problem. After next update, I will likely do a clean install.

• Level 5

I can’t work neither when somebody is watching over my shoulder all the time 🤣

My note count is exactly identical on the v10 clients, and it is 1 note off compared with legacy.

If comparing with legacy, it makes sense first to run the check and repair functions available for the legacy database. These are additional options in the help menu of legacy. If I remember well it was holding strg/ctrl down on Windows and alt/opt on a Mac before clicking on the help menu. This adds the database functions to the menu.

Between the v10 clients it should be the same on all clients. What made a difference for me were notebooks shared to me from others. I had to click them open (maybe even reactivate some in the work chat, in every client) before they loaded and were counted into my notes again.

Just opened it again. Began at 11,248 and started incrementing 1 at a time for about 10 notes, then suddenly dropped back to 10,465

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I can’t work neither when somebody is watching over my shoulder all the time 🤣

My note count is exactly identical on the v10 clients, and it is 1 note off compared with legacy.

If comparing with legacy, it makes sense first to run the check and repair functions available for the legacy database. These are additional options in the help menu of legacy. If I remember well it was holding strg/ctrl down on Windows and alt/opt on a Mac before clicking on the help menu. This adds the database functions to the menu.

Between the v10 clients it should be the same on all clients. What made a difference for me were notebooks shared to me from others. I had to click them open (maybe even reactivate some in the work chat, in every client) before they loaded and were counted into my notes again.

I'll run a check on the db, but my assumption is, the web version should reflect the master wherever that is. Since Legacy, Web and Windows v10 all match, that makes Android the culprit. Worse since there are at least 1,500 dupes and the count is still low. 

Cleared the cache and data. No reinstall. Opened back up and left it for about 5 minutes. Opened up to 11,334 and incremented up to 11,346 in a few minutes with no dupe notebooks. 

All is well.

So far

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...