"Re-introduced features from legacy app"?

• Level 5*

Received an email from EN suggesting I update the app (I'm on Legacy). Usually I ignore such emails, but I noticed this bit "enjoy reintroduced features from our legacy apps".

Forgive me, but I'm a bit out of date as I haven't been on the forum in a few months, but what features have they recently ported over to v10?

I assume local notebooks and local file links are not among the recently ported features?

image.png.2a6ec83eddfbdbd09a49efa61ba16181.png

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, tavor said:

what features have they recently ported over to v10?

HTML Export Option - still a work-in-progress (links to attachments don't function)
Import Folders - still a work-in-progress (edit; delete option is missing)

• Like 4
  • Level 5*
19 minutes ago, DTLow said:

HTML Export Option - still a work-in-progress
Import Folders - still a work-in-progress

Still no import folders? Ugh. So I guess I can forget about the two features I asked about (which were more hope than any real possibility). 

What has been ported over in the last few months? When I was last here, it seemed like EN wanted to try to bring over many of the features that were dropped in the move to v10.

• Level 5

We have import folders now on the Mac, in legacy it was only on Windows. +1 on the features list.

And I wouldn’t call it work in progress, for me it works fine. I made a folder on my Macs desktop, changed the symbol to the EN icon. When I now want to move something quickly into EN, I can simply drop it on the icon, and be done. You can create several folders, each linked to another notebook.

Personally I think a delete option is not necessary - the folder is like a backup of content added to EN, and it is really no big thing to empty it once in a while.

16 hours ago, DTLow said:

HTML Export Option - still a work-in-progress (links to attachments don't function)

@EN engineers : Ticket 3309909 to be more precise.  Can you please solve this bug. It has been reported months ago. This makes HTML export useless...

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

We have import folders now on the Mac, in legacy it was only on Windows. +1 on the features list.

And I wouldn’t call it work in progress, for me it works fine ... Personally I think a delete option is not necessary

To be honest, I don't know if EN is working on adding the delete option  
For me, delete is necessary    
Fortunately, I'm using a Mac and using folder actions to process an import folder   

26 minutes ago, DTLow said:

To be honest, I don't know if EN is working on adding the delete option  
For me, delete is necessary    
Fortunately, I'm using a Mac and using folder actions to process an import folder   

the App says „coming soon“ in Import Folders preferences

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

My position is: Deleting has something final. I think an app can do without, no need to mess with the source file.

Since the import happens within seconds after adding a file to the folder, one can delete them all without a need to wait for something.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

My position is: Deleting has something final. I think an app can do without, no need to mess with the source file.

Since the import happens within seconds after adding a file to the folder, one can delete them all without a need to wait for something.

I would disagree with this. If you are required to delete manually from the folder then you need to do reconciliation first that all files indeed have been imported (and no errors/skipped files). Thus better to have EN do this once it knows the file has been imported.