Stop adding features. you're ruining the product

jaiden0

Idea

I started using evernote because it was a quick way to jot down ideas and have them backed up. You keep adding features that slow down my ability to do this.  I don't want to connect my calendar, I don't want to try new features, I don't want to upgrade, I don't want a tour, I don't want to see what's new, I don't want the app to update when I open it.  I want to JOT DOWN MY IDEAS BEFORE I FORGET THEM.  I can't even click "new" and get to a note now, I have to click new and then SELECT note.   

Anything you add that breaks this core functionality drives me away from your product.

Look at all this junk:

image.png.2b98550f43ce0ceed796b9349381629a.png

image.png.2358b9afbfc0104a9cf9c5ef290a5c4b.png

image.png.75a28f9d6b540e1c940dcdf504c2a367.png

Not now?  how about never? I'm a paying customer , leave me alone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You have told what you had to tell, and I fully understand you.

Most of the stuff you show can be simply avoided - you see it once, and you never see it again. It just announces what is new and available on the client, and shows in a blink how to use it. I regard this as a service to us users, and as I said - you just need to see it once.

Regarding the „My main use case is to grab whatever crosses my mind“: You can edit your Home Page. Place the Short/Quick Note Widget right at the top of your Home dashboard. EN opens, and you can start typing right away, without even starting a new note. After you have written what you wanted to record, you can convert it into a new note. Clickless note grabbing - isn’t it this what you demand ?

Agree, like this new obnoxious add task which appears everytime you want to start a note.
How about asking user if he/she wants this to appear or not. Whoever wants it, fine. Whoever does not, why add for them unneccessary clicks and time

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, DovB said:

Agree, like this new obnoxious add task which appears everytime you want to start a note.
How about asking user if he/she wants this to appear or not. Whoever wants it, fine. Whoever does not, why add for them unneccessary clicks and time

I find the keyboard shortcut to create a note really useful. If you are worried about the time taken to do things you should really consider learning keyboard shortcuts (in all apps not just EN).

• Like 2