Weird Characters when copy-pasting from newer versions

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with copy-paste on Evernote 10.18.3 on Windows (updated it a couple of days ago from an old version)

Every time I copy a piece of text, a set of weird characters get pasted along with it, making all my notes useless.

If I paste it on a normal text editor it does show up as a normal text, when pasted inside a Markdown editor, it shows up the real content of the clipboard with all the weird characters.

Those characters get carried over and pasted into the terminal window, making the command syntax completly wrong - and making Evernote impossible to use at its basic (a simple note taking app).

Already tried "simplifying the formatting", but nothing changed - even if it worked, it wouldn't be a real solution to do this for EVERY note of my notebooks.

Please find attached some evidences.

-----------------------------

Edit: I tried to examine the code with a unicode parser online, and this is what i've found;

This new version of Evernote adds a "NO-BREAK SPACE" character where it sould be a space (or a TAB) 

https://apps.timwhitlock.info/unicode/inspect?s=BEGIN  ++DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.DROP_ACL(  + + +acl+%3D>+'[NOME_ACL]')%3B END%3B %2F

After manually cleaning the text, all the space gets recognised correctly and the command get also correctly executed on a terminal

https://apps.timwhitlock.info/unicode/inspect?s=BEGIN +++DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN.DROP_ACL( ++acl+%3D>+'[NOME_ACL]')%3B END%3B %2F

Seems like this new version has a bug interpreting basic text - This note was created long time ago from a simple notepad (txt) file, so no strange text formatting was involved.

Also tried to create a new note from a clean notepad, with just some random text and some manual indentation (lots of space, no TABs used);

- Pasted into Ghostwriter (Markdown Editor) : No extra/weird characters

- Pasted into Evernote, and copy-pasted back into Ghostwriter : All the weird characters were back

- Pasted from Evernote into the website above : NO-BREAK SPACE character detected

--------------------------

Kind Regards.

P.S: Before updating to the latest version, i didn't have any issue with copy-paste 

Evernote.PNG

Markdown.PNG

Notepad_pp.PNG

There has been a thread about this, a while ago (maybe 6 months).

Yeah, I've found that one, after my "edit" and...? What's Changed?

Also, while doing some research about this problem I've found two other threads, one was even from Oct 2020 (don't have a link at hand now) , how is it possibile that after such time, this bug hasn't even been acknowledged, or better, fixed?

It completely breaks the concept of the Software... I mean, what can we do with a software that makes us save notes into it, but not copy them elsewhere because the text is unusable?

Free User here, I can't open a ticket nor chat with someone from the support, how in this world, paying subscribers didn't raise a support request for this bug? That's unbelievable, seriously...

I also have a MacPro and it's doing the EXACT SAME THING, and I can tell you it all started with these newer versions.

I don't want to rollback to version 6, which seems to be the workaround, that's not how things goes, if there's a new release, it should be usable, at least at its damn basic!

Plus, lemme say, in all honesty, your comment is not helpful under any chance, you're just telling me "someone had the same problem as you - go look if they've found a solution" , when I knew with what I was dealing with, I've searched for other threads and I've found three with my exact problem, I don't think we're the only 4 people in the world to get this problem, are we?

• Level 5

1) I never encountered that problem while using EN.

2) I am just a user like you, not obliged to even read what you post, nor react to it by any means. 

3) Glad I remembered that thread and helped you find it

4) Since it pops up from time to time, but doesn’t flood the forum, it may be it depends on an additional factor. Or it doesn’t.

5) Since I don’t have it, and you can’t issue a support ticket, this is probably it.

8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

I never encountered that problem while using EN.

Out of curiosity, what version are you using and on which Operating System?

Maybe you're not using Evernote the way some of us do.

I copy those notes/code snippets into terminal windows (SSH, SQLPlus, etc..), not just on other notepads/plain-text software, so characters has to be clean, I can't permit the luxury to have dirty characters carried over.

8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

I am just a user like you, not obliged to even read what you post, nor react to it by any means. 

No one had you to a gunpoint, telling you to reply to my thread.

9 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Glad I remembered that thread and helped you find it

Happy for your memory, still you didn't help me find it, I've found it by my own - as I wrote " I've found that one, after my "edit" ", which was there way before you replied... 
You didn't do anything.

10 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Since it pops up from time to time, but doesn’t flood the forum, it may be it depends on an additional factor. Or it doesn’t.

The fact that it doesn't flood the forum, doesn't mean there's no problem... Devs & Mods should monitor this community threads too, it's a serious bug that makes their  software unusable.

13 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Since I don’t have it, and you can’t issue a support ticket, this is probably it.

What's the point of this forum, then? At the end of the day, the final answer would always be "it is what it is"... 
I'm used to community forums where people help each other out, in order to find a solution for everyone - maybe Evernote community is not the case.

• Level 5

Have no time to play quiz games.

A support ticket results in questions, which can only be answered by somebody experiencing a bug. I don't, no ticket. You can't, no ticket. Life is not perfect, nor is any software.