Request: recover functionality in Helper allowing composition of quick note integration BOTH text AND screenshots

Ana T Melo

Idea

The new Evernote helper does not allow the same functionalities as the old evernote legacy. I need the helper to allow me to compose a note that integrates BOTH text and screenshots which one could do with the old versions (still available on legacy). Currently I can either take a screnshot OR write a quick note but not do both in the same note. This is a tremendous loss as I used this function a LOT. It is very useful these days with Zoom meetings and presentations to be able to make quick annotated shots or when I am making literature reviews and want to capture citations and then write notes along. I REQUEST that this functionality is brought back again and integrated in the new version. What happens is that I have to have both versions installed. The new and the legacy one to use the legacy Helper.

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You are already using the best possible workaround by having legacy (and through it the classical helper) installed. Well done !

P.S? You can REQUEST everything here, it will (capital letters or not) not really move anything. So better spare yourself the disappointment.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

So better spare yourself the disappointment.

Being disappointed is part of the Evernote experience 😄

@Ana T Melo FWIW I also miss the built-in screen clipper and hope it makes it into v10 eventually.  Until then I am using the Mac OS screen clipper.

Just want to endorse what @Ana T Melo says. The new Evernote Helper is a retrograde step versus the legacy for the reasons stated. 

I too love the legacy version where the screen shot is incorporated into the note versus becoming a note in it's own right.

Also when you quit Evernote - you cannot use the helper - whereas you can in the legacy.

Just love the legacy version and hope to keep using it for the next 5 years or more! 🙂

I will most like discontinue use of Evernote if we cannot have this feature.  I need to be able to take notes and quickly capture screens without having to do any cutting and pasting.  Super frustrated

• Level 5

Are you sure about where you are posting ?

This is the forum for the Legacy client. Probably you want an improvement for v10.

It is like going to that vegan restaurant and complain about the steak being too well done.