Request: recover functionality in Helper allowing composition of quick note integration BOTH text AND screenshots

Ana T Melo

Idea

The new Evernote helper does not allow the same functionalities as the old evernote legacy. I need the helper to allow me to compose a note that integrates BOTH text and screenshots which one could do with the old versions (still available on legacy). Currently I can either take a screnshot OR write a quick note but not do both in the same note. This is a tremendous loss as I used this function a LOT. It is very useful these days with Zoom meetings and presentations to be able to make quick annotated shots or when I am making literature reviews and want to capture citations and then write notes along. I REQUEST that this functionality is brought back again and integrated in the new version. What happens is that I have to have both versions installed. The new and the legacy one to use the legacy Helper.

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You are already using the best possible workaround by having legacy (and through it the classical helper) installed. Well done !

P.S? You can REQUEST everything here, it will (capital letters or not) not really move anything. So better spare yourself the disappointment.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

So better spare yourself the disappointment.

Being disappointed is part of the Evernote experience 😄

@Ana T Melo FWIW I also miss the built-in screen clipper and hope it makes it into v10 eventually.  Until then I am using the Mac OS screen clipper.

Just want to endorse what @Ana T Melo says. The new Evernote Helper is a retrograde step versus the legacy for the reasons stated. 

I too love the legacy version where the screen shot is incorporated into the note versus becoming a note in it's own right.

Also when you quit Evernote - you cannot use the helper - whereas you can in the legacy.

Just love the legacy version and hope to keep using it for the next 5 years or more! 🙂