Default note font

KFoz

Idea

I am using latest Mac client, v10.17.8

For the life of me, I cannot find a way to set the default font for new notes. I see references in discussions about preferences, but under preferences, I see only: Check Spelling, Save Data at Logout, and Import Folder. 

Surely with a note taking app as mature as Evernote, the very basics of note taking have been addressed .. things like setting a default font.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

9 replies to this idea

I don't mind that the default font is Sans Serif, that's fine. But the default font size is 16 point, and for someone with low vision, that's too small. I want to set Normal Text to 24 point, and I tried to use the option that resets Normal Text according to a highlighted sample, but it doesn't work. How do I reset the font size? thx/KC

• Like 1

Not sure if this will help you and if you already knew, but you can zoom in on *everything* in v10 on MacOS with Cmd + and decrease it with Cmd -. That will make the editor text appear bigger/smaller and it will also make the sidebar text (and everything else) appear bigger/smaller

• Level 5

Another option would be to reduce the resolution of the screen.

If I go to 4K on my 4K-monitor, it gets microscopic - everything, not just EN. The monitor will stay very sharp when I reduce the resolution in settings, it will just display everything in larger print. The downside is it will offer less screen real estate. You need to see for yourself where your sweet spot is by trying different setups.

Thanks, but I've already messed with the resolution. The only resolution that makes Evernote bigger gives me big black bands at the top and bottom of the screen. What's working best for me is formatting everything as Medium Header,  in which case the only annoyance is the background color, which is trivial.  Is there a way to make New Note default to Medium Header? thx/KC