Sync Apple Calendar with Evernote

Gary K.

Idea

27 replies to this idea

I, too, would like to see this. As much as I like using Evernote, I'd like to see them work a bit more strategically in development. When introducing a feature such as calendar sync, they would have created a much more complete and robust feature by launching the three(?) major calendar platforms; Google, Apple iCloud and Outlook. In my humble opinion, launching just one format looks like an experiment that should have remained in beta.

• Like 4
  • Level 5

Each of these 3 calendars has its own way to sync, its own interface.

Since it was the first time they have set up a calendar sync, I think doing it with one calendar first was a reasonable approach.

We have to wait and see when the next integrations follow.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, bogey08 said:

Been around since 2008 and just saw the new "Google Calendar" widget.  Why didn't Evernote put an Apple Calendar option?  Maybe it's already available and I missed it.  

Google only currently.  I have been using Google calendar as a conduit for my Apply calendar and that has been working.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bogey08 said:

Why didn't Evernote put an Apple Calendar option? 

Google makes it far easier to interface with their calendar than Apple does. I use Apple calendar myself so I'd love to see Evernote include that in the future, but it makes sense that they started with Google. 

• Like 3
  • Level 5

You could create a Google calendar, sync your Apple calendar to it and then the Google calendar to EN.

A workaround, but the only solution until EN comes up with a native integration. They announced they are working on Outlook, AFAIK no news about Apple calendar.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:40 AM, PinkElephant said:

You could create a Google calendar, sync your Apple calendar to it and then the Google calendar to EN.

I tried this and while it worked, it requires the Apple calendar to be made "public" - I'm not entire sure what that means after reading forums/blogs...here's one - https://thehackernews.com/2019/09/google-calendar-search.html

Does it mean someone can search google and come up with my calendar and appointments in full text?  If so, that is not a viable option for me.

Edited by TTAHJr
added URL
  • Level 5

Next to go is Outlook, without a communicated date.

No information about other calendars except the global notice that more calendars will be added after Google and Outlook - but I wouldn’t wait for it to happen.

• Evernote Expert
8 hours ago, Chris H. 87 said:

Would really love to see an iCloud integration to Evernote. For a lot of Apple User it's the primary calendar. So there's a huge user base for the feature.

It is in the pipeline but Outlook is next. So you have a while to wait.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

The current workaround for all „other“ calendars is to create a Google calendar first. Then sync your calendar to the Google calendar, and the Google calendar to your EN account.

Personally I don‘t use this method - I won‘t give Google anything of my personal data voluntarily.

• Level 5

The current plan as communicated is: Google calendars is active, next will be the Outlook integration.

Further calendar integrations are not communicated yet.

Posting in the forum will not add urgency - the forum is user2user. Send feedback or issue a support ticket.

Good to know!

I don’t think support is the right way to go as they’re there to solve problems. I asked about a custom default font size in iOS and they to me that was not possible and you have to use the editor to set you font size.

I don’t blame them because as support, their job is to solve the problem and not to take feedback.

I’m looking at the macOS app right now. I thought there was a feed back button but I can’t find it. Maybe I’m thinking of a different app?

• Evernote Expert

None.  The linking with Outlook remains a distant promise.  If it will appear at all it will be many monthts away.  Perhaps try using a Google calendar, link iCal with Google and that should give a workaround.

• Sad 1
  • Evernote Expert

There are no plans to connect iCal at the moment.  It took two years for Outlook to arrive so perhaps another few years for iCal.

These are user supported forums. If you want to let Evernote know your hopes either open a support ticket or Email feedback@evernote.com