Revoked additional device - still can't access Evernote

I have a basic plan, which means I can use only 2 devices. I want to use Web and my iPhone. I recently switched iPhones. When I signed in to Evernote on the new one, it asked me to revoke one of the 3 devices so that I could still use Evernote. I revoked my old iPhone. I received an email: Device successfully revoked. Then it said I got signed out of Evernote. So I signed back in on my new iPhone. Within a minute, the pop-up appeared again asking me to revoke one of the 3 devices. The old iPhone was still on the list. I revoked the old iPhone again. I received another email: Device successfully revoked. Then I got signed out of Evernote. So I signed back in on my new iPhone. It asked me to revoke one of the 3 devices but then said that I have passed the limit for revoking devices within a month. This is unfair as I was trying to revoke the same device twice because of a glitch that Evernote seems to have (i.e. it things it successfully revoked the device, enough to send me a confirmation email, but then doesn't actually do it, hence the popups). Looking for a solution. Thanks. C. 

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, 2methylethel said:

Looking for a solution. Thanks. C. 

Hi.  Not sure what caused the issue,  but there seem to be three choices.

1. wait until your month resets
  2. upgrade to Personal - even if only for a month (monthly payments are an option in some areas)
  3. contact Evernote Support (that's not us) and request a reset.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Thanks gazumped. I will probably end up with option 1. I shouldn't have to pay Evernote for a technical glitch that is their fault, so option 2 is not really an option. Thanks for the link to Evernote's Twitter. I had spent quite a while looking for contact info from Evernote, and seems they don't have any kind of email, form, or chat where I can send questions. Not very customer service oriented. So I'm glad you provided that option - I sent them a DM and am waiting to hear back.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, 2methylethel said:

I shouldn't have to pay Evernote for a technical glitch that is their fault

Hmmn.  Pretty certain it's not their fault,  and not a technical glitch as such - just a very strict limit on device connections for their free service.  Good luck with your query!

• Level 5

This happened probably because you revoked the wrong iPhone.  

As a hint: Change the iPhones name in its settings - it will show with this individual name in the EN devices list, and you know which device to keep, and which to revoke.

If you change from an X to a 12, call one Xphone and the other Dozen, and you know which is which. This helps as well with AirDrop, personal hotspots and other functions where you make the device visible.

Certain it is their fault. I made sure it was the right iPhone (it showed which versions). And as mentioned above, when I revoked my device, I received an email confirming it was revoked, but when I logged back in all 3 devices were still showing. This happened twice. My whole issue is that I've exceeded the limit for revoking devices, even though no devices are showing up as revoked every time I re-sign in.

• Level 5

In fact I won’t discuss this, it is not decidable. Nobody stood beside you when you did, so you have my sympathy, just in case.

Just to complete this statement: Beside my subscription I run another Free account for testing stuff, and the like. I am pretty much aware of the handling of such an account. In your current situation I see only 2 alternatives: Wait it out, or subscribe to resolve the problem earlier than the reset period of 30 days.

We as other users can’t do a thing about it.

I’ve come here looking for help because this has happened to me too, except I don’t have a new phone. I opened the Evernote app this morning as usual, and it asked me to log in, so I assume a new version had been installed. It then decided I was on a new device “Jenna’s iPhone” instead of my usual device name “J11”. It then said that I had to remove one of my devices, so I removed “J11”. When logging in again it gave me the exact same message, using another of my device removals for the month. Now it just keeps giving the same message, and I am stuck, with no more device removals available. I have important information on here. Help?! 

• Level 5*
On 8/3/2021 at 1:37 PM, Jennaem said:

I’ve come here looking for help because this has happened to me too, except I don’t have a new phone. I opened the Evernote app this morning as usual, and it asked me to log in, so I assume a new version had been installed. It then decided I was on a new device “Jenna’s iPhone” instead of my usual device name “J11”. It then said that I had to remove one of my devices, so I removed “J11”. When logging in again it gave me the exact same message, using another of my device removals for the month. Now it just keeps giving the same message, and I am stuck, with no more device removals available. I have important information on here. Help?! 

Hi.  The options still seem to be:

On 7/29/2021 at 8:42 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Not sure what caused the issue,  but there seem to be three choices.

1. wait until your month resets
  2. upgrade to Personal - even if only for a month (monthly payments are an option in some areas)
  3. contact Evernote Support (that's not us) and request a reset.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a result. I contacted @evernotehelps via Twitter on July 29. They responded on Aug 2 - I gave them the email for my account on Aug 7 and on Aug 11 they had revoked my third device for me. So far looks like things are working now.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

This same problem happened to me and it is extremely infuriating. Similarly, EN tech support finally ended up doing the revoke successfully and resetting my revoke limit for the month.

• Like 1