Note conflicts on unshared notes (Only edited on 1 device)

Ever since the platform change, I'm having tons of conflict issues resulting in duplicate notes. The service isn't doing me any good if I have multiple versions of notes and pieces of information in various locations. And now with the new setup, we can no longer submit help desk tickets? What are we paying for if not support for bugs? 

• Like 1
On 7/9/2021 at 8:33 AM, kcor said:

Ever since the platform change, I'm having tons of conflict issues resulting in duplicate notes. The service isn't doing me any good if I have multiple versions of notes and pieces of information in various locations. And now with the new setup, we can no longer submit help desk tickets? What are we paying for if not support for bugs? 

I share your pain. I provided them with multiple log files, and on July 1st they responded and said "We're currently aware of this issue and working on a fix that will be in an upcoming release." Let's hope the fix is sooner, rather than later.  As is, EN is best as a single device app.

Today I received an email saying that version 10.17 (windows) has made improvements to address the issue.  Unfortunately, I'm still encountering the problem.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

No duplicates, except when I modify the same note on 2 devices at the same time. This can happen as well across accounts when a note is shared.

The fix is to never open any note on 2 devices at the same time.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

No idea then. Even trying support probably does not look as a bright option.

Just be assured there are users of v10 that don’t have that duplication pest - whyever, however. Hopefully they find out why, and can solve the problem for all users.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hi All,

I've split this discussion out into it's own thread.

@esetter230 As you already mentioned, this an issue that we're working to address.

I'll add an update here once I have one available.

If you are experiencing this issue, please let us know on this thread.

• Shane D. pinned and featured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Shame D.,

I just experienced this regarding important notes I'm taking for a book I'm writing, between my desktop legacy version and my android. It caused me to come here, and have major difficulties trying to sign in with my password. I finally got that straightened out, then discovered that the forum does not include my evernote model. Ugh. I'm liking the program apart from my conflict note issues.

• Level 5

@gralan Hi, Shane is forum admin, not the personification of the customer service.

If you have an issue, you should try support (subscribers only).

With your setup, support will tell you anyhow to update to v10. There is no more support for legacy - you use it as it is, and you can only come to the forum to get some help from fellow users.

You don't tell what you are experiencing. But from you mentioning a book, I just want to caution that EN is not good for writing and syncing long texts. It is technically possible, but counted in characters a small library would fit into the 200MB maximum note size.

EN always syncs the whole note when is saves changes. If the note is very large, the risk increases that there are conflicts. The best measure against this effect is to break down large text notes into smaller ones. You can create a TOC table-of-content note to be able to go directly to every chapter, and links at the beginning and end of each note to go forward and backward.

• Administrator

Hi All,

We believe this issue has been fixed or desktop users in our most recent update, version 10.21.

You can learn more here:
https://discussion.evernote.com/announcement/224-update-evernote-1021-for-mac-windows-and-web-is-here/

We're currently working to implement a similar fix for our mobile platforms. I'll follow-up here once there is an update on our mobile updates.

• Thanks 2