Can I sketch/draw within an existing note?

Atul Deshpande

Idea

Hello Members,

I want to draw or connect my text/material in existing note, by drawing/sketching allows/circles/blocks within existing note to make it more interactive. E.g. Circling some text in existing note and draw arrows from that circle to another to link two topics (something like that).

I do see OneNote allows this to do but in Evernote, when I open Sketch, it opens a whole new window altogether and doesn't allow edit/add sketches in existing note or draw sketches within note.

Is there any way to do that? Or if I must raise a request for such feature, how do I do it pls?

Thanks

Atul

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You can add a Sketch canvas at any point in an existing note by tapping on the blue + sign and select Sketch from the features list. If it does not show, move the list up a little, it sometimes hides at the bottom.

A canvas will be inserted between text blocks. To work on text blocks themselves, you can use the highlighter tool build into the editor.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Atul Deshpande said:

Is there any way to do that? Or if I must raise a request for such feature, how do I do it pls?

There is no current way to do that,  and while we do have a 'Feature Request' thread,  I doubt that this will raise much interest - I understand that a more visually attractive display of content is more accessible,  but there are already applications out there that provide far more features than Evernote could to include graphics with text.  Better to use one of those and attach the output file to an Evernote note for easy access than to try to force Evernote's basic features into being something they're not...

If you'd like me to do so,  I'll move this thread to the request forum to see what support you get?

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
On 7/28/2021 at 3:53 AM, Atul Deshpande said:

Circling some text in existing note and draw arrows from that circle to another to link two topics (something like that).

The format for notes is enml (basically html); it's text based and doesn't support such editing   
To add annotations, convert the note to pdf or image format