Exporting Note to PDF fail

I have a note which was forwarded to my Evernote account by email and is stored in HTML. The email takes more than three pages to print. But when I export the note to PDF, all I get is two pages and the first page only contains the email header; the body of the email starts on the second page and truncates the remaining text abruptly. There is a table that follows where the email stops printing, so I'm wondering whether there's a bug in Evernote that prevents exporting to PDF the entire content of the email, once it encounters a table in the body of the message. 

Has anyone run into this problem before? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Is the email an attachment to a note,  and can you save that attachment file to your local desktop?  If it saves as HTML it should print in a browser;  if it saves as PDF then any PDF reader app should be able to print it in full.  Evernote is never my choice for physically printing documents.

17 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Is the email an attachment to a note,  and can you save that attachment file to your local desktop?  If it saves as HTML it should print in a browser;  if it saves as PDF then any PDF reader app should be able to print it in full.  Evernote is never my choice for physically printing documents.

Yes, the email is attached to the note and Evernote identifies the attachment as HTML content. When I try to save it from inside Evernote, by right-clicking and selecting save attachments, it saves it as a file, but there are no contents inside the file. When I drag and drop it on the Desktop of my MacBook, it is saved as a Text Clipping file--go figure...

I believe the "Export Note as PDF" option was recently added (or I hadn't seen it before). This is a great feature IMO, if it would be very helpful in sending notes to third parties that do not use Evernote, given that exporting notes to HTML also presents problems. I'm going  submit a support ticket as this feature is not working as intended. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, philrodo said:

Yes, the email is attached to the note and Evernote identifies the attachment as HTML content.

Good that you started a ticket on this - I'd guess that the email has MIME-encoded the attachment and evernote's conversion of mime-to-html has generated an corrupted file that doesn't export correctly... all of which are words I know,  though not.. necessarily.. in that order..

Please let us know (if you can) what Support come up with!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Please let us know (if you can) what Support come up with!

I submitted the ticket and will post what they have to say. 

Interestingly, when I export the note to HTML, everything exports correctly.Go figure... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

Here

or by the mobile client, which bypasses the website altogether.

Yeah, that's where I've been going. Even if I log into the web client successfully, when I click on help, it asks me to log in. 

I found a recent email and replied to that. I'll see if that works before I have to type everything into the mobile client. 

• Level 5

Not sure whether using a former case will work. 

They filter through the ticket number. I don’t know if it will end up in Spam if the ticket is already closed.

I found the mobile client pretty convenient. I mean, it is just to open the ticket, and it is restricted to 500 characters anyhow. So I drop them a ticket with a brief description, and from then onwards it is by mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the problem I originally posted about exporting Note(s) to PDF before this thread was "hijacked," it took a while of going back and forth with Tech Support. I had to send them some notes that were consistently producing the dame failing errors when exporting them to PDF and they were able to replicate the issue. The matter has been referred to their engineering team for resolution, but there is no estimate on the date that this will be fixed. In the meantime, if you're using the Export to PDF feature, check the PDF to ensure that everything was exported, otherwise parts of the data from the exported Notes could be missing. 

• Thanks 2