"Open in new Window" shortcut for v10

Is there one? Am I missing it?

All I ask for is a shift+'click' or control+'click' or something. Preferable the click would be on the body of the note so I don't have to hunt through thousands of notes in my list to find the snippet/card/whatever to right click on...

8 hours ago, 10gallonhat said:

Is there one? Am I missing it?

All I ask for is a shift+'click' or control+'click' or something. Preferable the click would be on the body of the note so I don't have to hunt through thousands of notes in my list to find the snippet/card/whatever to right click on...

I have no idea what version you are using but it sounds like Windows. I don't think there is a "shortcut" as such but if you are already in the note then you can use the three dots menu at the top right. The top item is "Open in new window". So it is two clicks.

image.png.1af7e1d807bd356ca01dfa1dd719abdb.png

If you want to open it in a new window from the note list then just double click the entry.

I know that's there, but sometimes it's grey; I need a keyboard shortcut - like we used to have. (Yes, I'm using win10). The problem with what you show above is it only works when I can see the note in the left pane. If the note I want is 100 down in a 380 note folder, but I've gotten to it via a link (I'm a heavy linker) and it's open in the viewing pane, I can't go up to the toolbar, Note, "Open in new window". It's greyed out, as is everything else on that menu.

I thought briefly that it was a problem with my linked pages being in a different folder than my "shortcut" note that has links, but it's not consistent. Sometimes it's grey, sometimes it works (but more often it's grey).

Another thing I noticed is, when I can't open the note in a new window or get to the items on the Note drop down menu, I also can't use the "Previous Page" button. That calls back to my bug issue Expand/Collapse Note and Previous Page buttons not working correctly. I think this is a bug.

23 minutes ago, 10gallonhat said:

The problem with what you show above is it only works when I can see the note in the left pane.

Very strange. Fortunately that is not my experience. If I go to a note via a link from another note, even when I can't see the new note in the note list, I can still access the three dots menu. I don't recall ever seeing it greyed out. Whether the edit toolbar is there or not I can always access the three dots menu.

Unlike the other bug, which I definitely can replicate, this one is a mystery. Perhaps you should raise a support ticket.