Premium user since 2008; What now?

Hey everyone!

I'm a long time user of Evernote (I added the Premium subscription in 2008 to allow me to sync notes). Now I am seeing a flurry of new features and pricing structures, and the Premium tier is no longer visible or described anywhere.

I have tried to find a page (any page) that would allow me to see the services to which I am entitled, given my Premium subscription. For example, there is some confusion about whether Tasks is available to me, or calendar integration, or how much upload capacity I may use, etc.

Like I said, I'm looking for any summary page that would explain which services I have paid for as a Premium customer (upload limits, note size limits, etc.), so I can make an informed decision about upgrading to another tier.

Thanks in Advance!

I was premium and paid annually. Under the new tier structure,  Personal has more functionality than Premium did and costs about the same.  

Pro has two features that make my nice-to-have list: 1)  exporting a notebook as a PDF; 2) Boolean searches.  That’s not enough to make me upgrade.  But the comparison list is worth watching.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005157

Thanks everyone.

That table is PRECISELY what I was hoping to find!

I am not seeing the tasks feature in my notebooks. It sounds like I "should" have that functionality. I'll investigate further when I have some more time to devote to it.

Thanks again for the rapid responses!

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
10 hours ago, jkenton said:

I am not seeing the tasks feature in my notebooks. It sounds like I "should" have that functionality. I'll investigate further when I have some more time to devote to it.

Do ensure that you have the latest version of the desktop app.  v10.17.8.

If you are on an earlier version or stayed with the now Legacy version then Tasks will probably not be available for you.

Likewise for mobile - most recent release is, I think, 10.13.2

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Since tonight we are already on 10.18.3 for the desktops. It is AFAIK a bugfix release, no new features.

It changed the default location of a new task, but not sure how I would use that yet.

12 minutes ago, dbvirago said:

It changed the default location of a new task, but not sure how I would use that yet.

Only if there is a note open, makes sense from my point of view. Creating a task directly from home via this green global create button still uses the default task note. However, via the task dialog a task can be moved to another note.

"Tasks you create using the global create button (the green circle with the +) will now be added to the note you currently have open instead of the default task note."

• Like 1

OK, this AM, after verifying the version of installed app / desktop app, I do see an item on the left sidebar called Tasks. It tells me I need to upgrade to use that feature...

Instead of being mad, I knew I had made some tasks during the beta period when anyone could use it. I searched for the word tasks, and all the notes that contained tasks showed up in results (along with a lot of other notes that had the word tasks in them). Reading the ENML search syntax a few years ago paid off!

So, the function is there, just not the ability to manage them cleanly. I imagine there is a way to search for a discrete term that would return ONLY notes with tasks in them, but I don't need that functionality just yet.

Thank you all for your help. It has been very gratifying to get so many high quality answers in such a brief time!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There is a new parameter introduced into the search language, called „contains:“. You can use it to search for all tasks, completed tasks or open tasks.You can use it as well as a filter. It is described here:

Spotted that earlier - got excited!  Then tried it out on Windows 6.25 and got less excited.  Most,  if not all of the new terms seem to need v10 to work.  They do work for me in Evernote Windows,  but not in my pre-Legacy Windows app.  Ah well...  I'll catch up sometime!

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, jkenton said:

given my Premium subscription

Can you confirm your subscription level   
It should be visible in your account settings

• Level 5

It says in the help pages (you need to follow the link in the document I have linked above) filtering would work only in the desktop clients Win/Mac and the web client.

On the other hand in my iOS client 10.13.2 there is a „contains“ option in the filters menu.

I think (without any inside knowledge) that EN had to extend the database with a new section. Probably this is missing in legacy.

Will give using the search syntax command a try in v10 and legacy later.