Merge notes on the web, android or iOS clients.

Do we think there will there be an option on the web, android or iOS clients to merge notes? Currently this seems to only be possible on Windows/Mac clients. In this supposed post-PC era, I'd have hoped that this function would be part of the other platforms by now.

Use case for me is that apart from my work laptop, our house runs on mobile devices - our MacBook Pro is 'not long for this world' after many years of faithful service, and the iPhones and iPads have all but replaced it anyway.

• Level 5

By design the mobile clients only open one note at a time. This does not allow for multi-note operations.

Would be a productivity booster if this would change - however it probably requires a complete redesign of the mobile app.

4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Тогда покажите мне трюк с клиентом iOS.

Если пришлёте мне айфон, то покажу. Я пользуюсь андроид.

• Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, gbarry said:

As of version 10.19, merge is now available on Evernote Web. 

@gbarry: Thank you very much, I like the continuous releases 🙂

Talking about 10.19, after several releases ticket 3309909 is still not fixed: attachment links don't work in exported HTML This makes HTML export useless. Can you please increase the priority of this issue. If customers have the feeling that they are locked in without proper export, they will leave. This issue really stops me from upgrading my Plus plan to Personal...

32 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Would like to get a working HTML export as well.

As a temporary solution you can always export to an ENEX file, or use a legacy client for more export options.

Thanks for the workaround but I need a human readable export format (apart from ENEX)...

5 hours ago, eric99 said:

@gbarry: Thank you very much, I like the continuous releases 🙂

Talking about 10.19, after several releases ticket 3309909 is still not fixed: attachment links don't work in exported HTML This makes HTML export useless. Can you please increase the priority of this issue. If customers have the feeling that they are locked in without proper export, they will leave. This issue really stops me from upgrading my Plus plan to Personal...

Will look into this. Specifically, you're talking about attachment links to local files, exported via the export HTML? (I'll go check the ticket too)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gbarry said:

Will look into this. Specifically, you're talking about attachment links to local files, exported via the export HTML? (I'll go check the ticket too)

clicking on an attachment thumbnail inside a note does nothing. For instance,  it does shows the pdf icon, but clicking on it doesn't open the document.

• Like 1
On 8/16/2021 at 11:51 PM, gbarry said:

As of version 10.19, merge is now available on Evernote Web. 

That's great, because sometimes between iphone and desktop, notes get duplicate. Now I can merge them easily.

If as a next step we could get comparisons or highlight feature of the content that is different between 2 notes when we merge them. Like "Compare & Merge" of MS Word.
That would be awesome! 😎 

best,

• Level 5

Hmmmm - I don‘t really see why merging of notes would do any good if a duplication has happened. You just get one note with the double content, instead of 2 notes with in total the same content as the merged „monster“ note.