Text disappears when I try to edit note on Android

Text disappears when I try to edit a note on Android LG G6 (Evernote v8.13.3).

Have tried deleting and re-installing Evernote. Unable to update to latest version (greyed out) - why?

PC version (10.17.8) now excellent (except for ridiculous length of time to open) but unusable on mobile, except for reading notes.

This has been going on for some months, I had assumed an update would be release to resolve issue.

Please help

regards Graham

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Have tried deleting and re-installing Evernote. Unable to update to latest version (greyed out) - why?

What Android version runs on your phone?  Evernote 10 needs Android 10 for the moment - they're working on backdating the support to earlier Android versions.  Previous Evernote versions are no longer supported,  but should still work - did you uninstall / power your phone off and back on / then download and reinstall? 

Hi, my phone is running 8.0.0 no further updates available from LG. That explains lack of new Evernote updates, although one would have expected them to develop software that runs on a 2 year old phone.

When I re-installed Evernote it ran fine for a few days until it automatically updated to 8.13.3

I forgot to mention that the 2 tool bars at the top of the note flicker on and off when I try to edit a note.

• Level 5*

I'm running the same Evernote for Android version and don't have any problems as yet - I'd recommend the uninstall/ restart/ reinstall routine;  there's not much else you can do with a mobile app anyway.  It sometimes takes a couple of tries before everything goes right.