Calendar app - Office 365/Outlook

ToddsterAU

Idea

31 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

That nice Mr Small did say (I think) that they would be expanding the options available,  but -as ever- the company don't (usually) confirm what's in the pipeline or when they're likely to release until a feature is actually available.

• Like 1

In the past there was a message in the coming soon section of the "release notes". Now I can see anithing about it 😞

I think will be very useful, also for the "flow". At home google calendar is very common, at work I always use Office365

On 7/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, skyrunner151 said:

Definitely agree on the O365 integration for work! Trying to figure out a workaround since I enabled a share link that imports into my Gmail calendar... but Google only refreshes it once a day at best. Ugh.

I use Outlook on my PC and Google Calendar on my Android Phone and Tablet, I have a small programme 4Tech Sync2 running on the PC.  Any additions/Deletions/Edits made on any if the Devices are seemlessly synced automatically every ten minutes or can be invoked to Sync immediately if required therefor having my Google Calendar connected to EN gives me up to date state of my Calendar on all three devices.

On 7/27/2021 at 5:21 PM, TK0047 said:

I voted up!

I use Google Cal for personal and we use Office 365 for work so it would be more usable for me if other options become available.

I have a workaround in place, I use Outlook Calendar on my PC when Google Calendar Sync was announced as I already had a Google Accoung (although had not used Calendar) I installed a small programme (4 Team Sync2) on my Desktop this runs in the background and syncs with Google Calandar (you can set your prefreed times down to 10 min intervals although you can invoke a manual sync at any time and there is a box you can tick to instigate a synce as soon as you have amended/inserted or deletes an entry in Outlook.  I now use my Outlook Calendar on PC and have Google running on Android Phone and Android Tablet.  No matter which device is use to amend/insert/delete an entry it is automatically synced to all devices (also syncs Contacts & Tasks as well) So by connecting My Google Calendar to EN all the enties are viewable in he Calendar Widget on the Home page.

I have a really hard time understanding why the folks at Evernote can't offer synchronizering with Outlook-calenders. I don't want a workaround that puts my stuff into Google. Microsoft is on the offensive with Zoom and Evernote. If Evernote can't sync with Outlook, it will end up being beat out by Microsoft. I hope it doesn't happen, but... 

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, cdelft said:

I have a really hard time understanding why the folks at Evernote can't offer synchronizering with Outlook-calenders

Possibly because they have a closer business relationship with Google than semi-competitor Microsoft,  and when it came down to designing a link they chose that one over any of the many other possible calendars.  (I believe that are a few Apple users out there too...).

Evernote have said they're looking at additional formats,  so Outlook's time will come.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mark B. said:

Integrated to Office365/Outlook would be a good add.  Please.

According to posts elsewhere in the Forums,  that may already be in progress,  but the delivery date is unknown. 

Before I started using Evernote as my primary notetaking app, I primarily used Outlook for calendar and mail.

Now, because of the incompatibility with outlook, I am forced to use Google mail (which I was using as just a mailserver, hate how it functions) and Google calendar (which I hate even more). 

To me, the future compatibility with outlook, should have happened years ago.

Carsten Coach

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, carstencoach said:

Before I started using Evernote as my primary notetaking app, I primarily used Outlook for calendar and mail.

I still use Outlook calendar and mail - it's easy enough to link to notes for the detail,  while using Outlook for dates and messages.

• Like 1

@PinkElephant May be in the minority here, but I've had mine set up as you allude to for over a year now I think. The biggest issue is that it doesn't actually sync frequently enough. I can, in most cases, count on the calendar for the day to be correct when I open it first thing in the morning. However, any changes don't get synced until who-knows when. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but plenty of the time it is a real PITA. To have a real Outlook sync that operates at a more frequent, or at least consistent/reliable cadence, would be huge for me.

• Level 5

Hi Colin, since I am not on Outlook, and neither on Google, I just relax. Apple calendar is probably so far away it doesn’t merit spending a single drop of adrenaline.

Sure a double sync will never be as good or fast as a direct link. But for those who want to use it, it is still better than NO link.

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, ColinScatt said:

To have a real Outlook sync that operates at a more frequent, or at least consistent/reliable cadence, would be huge for me

As previously noted, the Outlook 365 sync is in beta.

• Thanks 1