Does the automatic installation hide the .exe ??

Hi there. 

I will go straight to the point.

I want to put a shortcut to my evernote app, the .exe, on my taskbar for convenience (windows 10).

At first I was looking in C/Programfiles x86... but no evernote folder exists there.

A quick search help me find the evernote folder in /user... but there is no .exe in there.

So first, why is there no custom installation feature ?

Second, why is it impossible to find the .exe ?

P.s.: In the past I had to resort to the legacy verion of evernote because of a very weird choice to force spellchecking. Now that it is fixed, I wish I wouldn't have to go back to legacy just acces my .exe... it would be a shame. Just wanna say that because of this very small and weird issue, I learned about Notion today... I love Ervernote, but the small weird and inconvenient choices of the app makes me want to try Notion. The only thing that prevents me from even trying it is that there is no offline mode.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Unless I'm not understanding what you were looking for, I don't think any software has a 'custom' installation feature - my normal route to creating a custom shortcut is to copy or to follow the paths shown in the installed shortcut 'properties' window if dragging that shortcut to a different location doesn't work...

As to reasons,  the Forums are pretty much user2user so we don't have any insider knowledge - if you are a subscriber and have access to Support,  you could feedback/ ask them...