Tasks vs Reminders

So, I finally tested tasks and I don't find the implementation logical. Especially two things:

To add a task, you have to go to tasks, create a task and assign it to a note (unless you want it in the default tasks note). But I can't create a task directly from a note, as far as I can see.

On the other hand, I can create a reminder directly from a note, but the reminder isn't a task and won't be shown on the task list. 

I don't see how it makes sense to keep these 2 things separate. Any thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, chronistin said:

On the other hand, I can create a reminder directly from a note, but the reminder isn't a task and won't be shown on the task list

There are two types of reminders; note reminders and task reminders

Adding a note reminder does not create a task

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Just a hint: The blue button list is partly covered (in some clients, I believe). You can move it up to get all options, if some are hidden.

EN is adding new stuff to it all the time.

In general all formatting options are in the task bar, the attachments (in a very wide sense of it) are behind the blue button.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Just a hint: The blue button list is partly covered (in some clients, I believe). You can move it up to get all options, if some are hidden.

EN is adding new stuff to it all the time.

In general all formatting options are in the task bar, the attachments (in a very wide sense of it) are behind the blue button.

Thank you! I'm just getting used to the new version (on my laptop. Legacy stays on the main PC for now.)

• Like 1