Home page - Windows Desktop app

Paulg2

Idea

Could we have the option to have the home page load at startup.

In theory the home page could/should be useful but as it doesn't load at startup it becomes a bit pointless as you have to navigate to it before viewing it.

5 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, Paulg2 said:

Could we have the option to have the home page load at startup.

In theory the home page could/should be useful but as it doesn't load at startup it becomes a bit pointless as you have to navigate to it before viewing it.

I assume this question is about the Windows desktop app despite it being in the Android forum!

The following works for me. Navigate to the home page. Then close down EN completely. ie use file -> quit evernote or right click the elephant icon in the task bar and choose quit Evernote. Do not just hit the cross to close the program. When you reopen the program it should open in Home. It will continue to open in Home until you go through that whole procedure again.

Whoops, sorry, didn't realise this was an Android sub forum 

No, this procedure doesn't work for me, if I'm on the home page and quit EN then it will open on the home page, but if I then navigate to another page and quit EN it will open on that last page - not on the home page. We just need an option in the preferences section as to what page EN opens each time.

I've now sent a request via the feedback option

1 hour ago, Paulg2 said:

No, this procedure doesn't work for me, if I'm on the home page and quit EN then it will open on the home page, but if I then navigate to another page and quit EN it will open on that last page - not on the home page. We just need an option in the preferences section as to what page EN opens each time.

Strange. Provided I only quit EN "completely" when I want to change the startup page and otherwise just use the cross it works well for me. If you are a paying member you could also try raising a support ticket https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

17 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Strange. Provided I only quit EN "completely" when I want to change the startup page and otherwise just use the cross it works well for me. If you are a paying member you could also try raising a support ticket https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Ok, well I've got into the habit of using file/quit to close down every time and not using the cross - looks as though I'll have to go back to using the cross to close down once I have EN setup how I want it

• Like 1
  • Level 5

To quit the app is advisable when you notice it starts to lag. There are background processes that are not stopped by closing. From my observation the problem got better with the latest releases.

Unless it does lag you can use the close.

By any means it is advisable to restart the whole computer from time to time. This will quit all apps anyhow.