There is a big numbering problem in the notes.

It is very painful to write a note with different numbering levels

For example, as soon as an unnumbered line is inserted between two numbered lines, the numbering returns to 1

• Level 5

EN is a note taking app, with only basic layout capabilities.

If you need more control, use a word processor. Even in MS Word it would take a user action to continue an interrupted list with a different starting number than 1, if I‘m not mistaken.

21 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

EN is a note taking app, with only basic layout capabilities.

If you need more control, use a word processor. Even in MS Word it would take a user action to continue an interrupted list with a different starting number than 1, if I‘m not mistaken.

It is not only an action to do. Sometimes it is impossible to restore a goog numbering

Before the big changes, numbering was ok...

And Evernote, wants to sell us professionnal functions, no, so they could do something more achieved

(sorry for my english)

• Level 5

@sgab31 Sorry, I just tried something in my EN iPad client, and it worked !

• I created a list, and numbered it.
  • The I typed 2 returns, to stop the list.
  • Started another, numbered again. Starts with 1, as you described. I added some elements, to have another list.
  • Now I placed the cursor right in front of the text in the first element of the second numbered list, and tabbed the backspace to carefully delete the numbered element. The row changes to normal, not indented.
  • The cursor is now in the first position. Now I type a (say) 5 plus a dot „.“ . 
  • What happened ? My row indented, took the 5 as initial value, and changed the following numbers to 6,7,8 etc.

Slick !

Maybe you try if you can reproduce it !

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Why is it bad ?

It means there is a way to start a numbered list with another value than „1“. It is just a bit hidden.

how sorry ! I didn't understand your previous message.

I tried and this is ok.

Let's see if it will be enough for all uses ;)

Thank you

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 7/23/2021 at 9:50 AM, PinkElephant said:

@sgab31 Sorry, I just tried something in my EN iPad client, and it worked !

• I created a list, and numbered it.
  • The I typed 2 returns, to stop the list.
  • Started another, numbered again. Starts with 1, as you described. I added some elements, to have another list.
  • Now I placed the cursor right in front of the text in the first element of the second numbered list, and tabbed the backspace to carefully delete the numbered element. The row changes to normal, not indented.
  • The cursor is now in the first position. Now I type a (say) 5 plus a dot „.“ . 
  • What happened ? My row indented, took the 5 as initial value, and changed the following numbers to 6,7,8 etc.

Slick !

Maybe you try if you can reproduce it !

Thank you for sharing this hidden solution! 🙏🏽

• Like 1