Selecting more than 50 notes at a time should be supported

hkokko

Idea

When moving or updating tags or creating table of contents I have often more than 50 items at a time. For example few hundred would be useful, looking at my notes I think around 250 would be enough

• Like 4

9 replies to this idea

For me this would be a very beneficial feature as well. Usually I add some general labels to a section of notes I took from courses over a semester. For example, her I add the block, semester, course name and year of the course. Since I usually take between the 70/150 notes per course, with different sub-sections as (presentations, lectures, labs, exercises and readings), by not being able to select more than 50 notes makes this process quite effortful. 

On 1/22/2022 at 10:47 PM, PinkElephant said:

You read the thread ?

Then I don’t understand your post …

You didn’t read it ?

Then read it instead of posting, and maybe change your config.json accordingly.

Watching the post following mine I would probably restrict my selection range to 500.

I am not sure this is a response to me and why you are given me such a response. This is a feature request, it seems like some people prefer to select more than 50 notes, as was previously possible. You can personally find it enough to provide the solution you offer, by changing configs. Others, like me would like the default to be more than 50 (the whole point of a FEATURE and FEEDBACK request).

• Level 5

There was a method to manually change a parameter, which allowed more notes.

I just couldn’t locate the appropriate file after one of the updates, and let it slip. For larger volumes I use my legacy client. For now I think this is the best workaround.

Depending on the operation you will notice as well v10 does it much slower than legacy. It seems there are a lot of background jobs running. Another reason to choose legacy.

When all notes are in one notebook, the whole notebook can be selected, independently from the number of notes.

• Level 5

There is a trick to raise it.

Open the file "config.json" in the path "MacintoshHD/Users/myuser/Library/Application Support/Evernote" with a text editor.

Add this code text to the end of the File, above of the last bracket:

"qa": {
    "multiSelectionLimit": 500
  }

This will raise the selection limit to whatever number you write behind the colon. In my example it is 500 notes.

Hint: Depending on the type of operation and your local setup, a multi note operation will now take quite a while to terminate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Level 5

You read the thread ?

Then I don’t understand your post …

You didn’t read it ?

Then read it instead of posting, and maybe change your config.json accordingly.

Watching the post following mine I would probably restrict my selection range to 500.