I mistyped and entered into the Search box

"2" thread"

and EverNote hung on me. When I start EverNote, I see my notes summaries on the left, and notes bodies are all blank, and eventually I get the dialog box asking me if I want to Wait  or Relaunch. If I relaunch and quickly select another saved search term as EverNote is coming up, I can get it to launch correctly. I had to restart my computer and when EverNote started, it came back to the "killer" search term and again had to quickly select  another search term. I had thought selecting a different term when I shutdown would have used the other search term. For some reason my system is locked into starting with this "killer" search term.

Is there a way to turn off Saved Searches, or clear  out all the Saved Searches? I even reloaded EverNote to 10.17.8 (2809) and this still had the problem.

8 hours ago, rmontrose said:

Is there a way to turn off Saved Searches, or clear  out all the Saved Searches? I even reloaded EverNote to 10.17.8 (2809) and this still had the problem.

A couple of suggestions.

• EN reopens to the last screen before it ws closed provided you close it completely ie not just hit the cross but file -> quit Evernote or close it from the icon in the task tray.
  • Go to the web version and see if that has the same problem. 
  • 2 months later...

I finally fixed this by going to the web version and entering another search term. I recall logging out and back in the Windows App again didn't resolve the issue, nor did uninstalling and reloading (which surprised me).

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

When uninstalling it is necessary to remove the local data as well. This must be forced (for example by using an uninstaller app), because the usual uninstall will leave the data on the Drive.

When reinstalling it links to the -corrupted - local copy again, rendering the reinstall useless.