Upgrading from Legacy to v10

I have over 10k notes in my database and am still currently running v6.25 on my production machine (Win10 Professional).  I have v10 installed on another PC (and Android and iPad) but have been waiting on the sidelines to update my production machine.

I make heavy use of imported folders and the Ctrl-Q shortcut in my workflow so have waited for those features to be available in v10.  I'm not crazy about navigation within a PDF file in the new version, but I can deal with it.  From what I'm seeing, the dust is fairly settled at this point and I am thinking of biting the bullet and upgrading Evernote on my production machine.

I know I can install Legacy on the same PC if I still want to have access to that.  But, my question is do I have to install v10 over the top of my v6.25 and then later install the Legacy version separately?  It appears to me that this is the way you have to do it.  Also, if installing Legacy version after the update, would I need to go in and change any personalized settings or will those be in place?

Oh yeah, one last question.  I have ceased to get prompted to update Evernote after dismissing it so many times.  So I'm assuming I have to just download the latest version and then run setup and it would do the upgrade.  Is that correct?

Thanks for any insights.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'd imagine (but can't confirm) that if you opened 6.25 and clicked "check for updates",  you'd have the option to download the current version.  You can certainly do so direct from the website.  Either way installing v10 will initially disable 6.25.1 - but all is not lost;  download the Legacy version 6.25.2 and install that to continue using both on the same device... though preferably not at the same time!

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Usually it seems to be „v10 first (either as an update or a new install), then legacy“.

I run both on my Mac, no issues even with both open at the same time. Just avoid to open and (worse) edit the same note at the same time on more than one client

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I'd imagine (but can't confirm) that if you opened 6.25 and clicked "check for updates",  you'd have the option to download the current version. 

I would have thought the same thing.  But, it doesn't.  Says no updates available.

So, I'll just download the latest version from the website.

Thanks to both of you for your insights.

• Like 2