Got "upgraded", but in fact downgraded to Personal.

I purchased a one year subscription some time ago.

With the new pricing it says that I got upgraded to personal. "Whatever, new name same features" I thought to myself but than realized that I cannot use half of the widgets because apparently I need to upgrade to a higher tier.

So the cool new pricing basically just downgraded our plans and locked new features (the only reason I endure the horrible performance and bugs) behind even more money.

Is that correct, or is this downgrade just one of Evernotes many bugs?

• Level 5

Which widget (or whatever) that was available to you before the change does not work any longer today ?

They promised to keep the functions of before, plus some. I don’t see from my probing into the Personal plan that this promise would be violated.

Sure, we don’t get the full metal jacket of ALL new features for free. If you need them, it means upgrading. For me not feeling in need, it is continuing the Personal plan as I used to have Premium.

I almost exclusively use windows desktop version and ipad version.  There have been a couple of times recently when I logged in to the web version, and it listed my "version" incorrectly (I have/had the premium version).  Through the web version, I clicked on my account and then went back to the folder view page and it corrected itself.  It happened a couple of times, and has not happened since.  Maybe try logging into and out of the web version a few times and see if that settles things?

Yesterday I couldn't use the calendar and the todo widget. Today I can use both but get an error when trying to connect to a google calendar.
So I have an empty calendar without any interaction possibilities..

15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

If on Personal it says "connect to your main Google calendar". Don't know what this means, I am not using Google services.

But I thought connecting a google calendar is the only thing you can do with the new evernote calendar? You cannot create new events in evernote, you cannot connect local or outlook calendars so connecting a google calendar is the only feature of this evernote calendar.

• Level 5

May be. As another user I am only mildly interested in a calendar access I won’t ever use, because I keep Google away from my digital life as far as possible.

What I posted was from the release notes of 10.17.8.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:39 PM, Maltethiele said:

I purchased a one year subscription some time ago.

With the new pricing it says that I got upgraded to personal. "Whatever, new name same features" I thought to myself but than realized that I cannot use half of the widgets because apparently I need to upgrade to a higher tier.

So the cool new pricing basically just downgraded our plans and locked new features (the only reason I endure the horrible performance and bugs) behind even more money.

Is that correct, or is this downgrade just one of Evernotes many bugs?

I face the same problem.  Even worse, it states my subscription expired in 2020! 

Was so excited to open Evernote and read about the new features.  Then got hit with all these bugs.  Real dampener!  

• Level 5

There were no „new features“ that were removed with the switch of plans.

Tasks was open to all users during the yearly access“ stage, and it was clearly communicated that when this period ends, access will be restricted and based on the subscription level from that moment onwards.

That moment is now.

Apart from this transition of tasks from early access to full release status, all levels have received an upgrade for the same price as before. Or can you tell a single function (beside tasks) that worked a week ago, and now has stopped working ?

On 7/22/2021 at 6:08 PM, PinkElephant said:

Which widget (or whatever) that was available to you before the change does not work any longer today ?

They promised to keep the functions of before, plus some. I don’t see from my probing into the Personal plan that this promise would be violated.

Sure, we don’t get the full metal jacket of ALL new features for free. If you need them, it means upgrading. For me not feeling in need, it is continuing the Personal plan as I used to have Premium.

The only Home/Widget thing we can't do is have multiple scratch pads and some advanced configs that we didn't have before. I could see the value if I was going to use Home, but I'm not all in yet. 

They have done a poor job of communicating, for those that might want to upgrade. Every time I click on a Pro feature, it says I can upgrade for $8.33 a month. I already have a Premium (Personal) account through next April, so I have no idea what that means. I understand that's the yearly rate, but if that's the charge, then what happens to the money they already have?

I think their marketing crew needs to invest in some external research. Maybe run ideas past some senior members of this forum.

• Level 5

Correct, but these widgets were not available before the new plans got released. They were released as part of the new setup, to beef up the Professional and Team layer.

Personally I don’t think they really goofed up the plans release completely. IMHO they should have told more with the first email about the new setup.

And I would have given everybody on Plus and rebated Premium full access to Personal for the rest of the current subscription plus one year renewal - but only allowed renewal with one of the new plans. Things are getting very granular with all the old plans hanging around.