Upgraded to Personal/Premium but some features like Tasks aren't working correctly

Hi, the email we received before stated those of us on premium would lose no features but gain new ones. My Evernote Home is now telling me I cannot use specific widgets like calendars or tasks or scratchpad without upgrading to personal.  As premium is meant to have all the features it did, I assume this is a bug as I previously had scratch pad.    Can someone clarify why this is taking place and how this can be resolved.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Hi, the email we received before stated those of us on premium would lose no features but gain new ones. My Evernote Home is now telling me I cannot use specific widgets like calendars or tasks or scratchpad without upgrading to personal.  As premium is meant to have all the features it did, I assume this is a bug as I previously had scratch pad.    Can someone clarify why this is taking place and how this can be resolved.

Have you checked what your membership level is on the website? Mine now says I am on EN personal as expected.

1 minute ago, Mike P said:

Have you checked what your membership level is on the website? Mine now says I am on EN personal as expected.

Yes, the website says personal, the app though seems to think I am not on this.  I also just noticed that my tasks tab no longer displays all my tasks but instead an upgrade request. So essentially tasks is useless now if I can’t actually see the things.  I hope this isnt gonna be another EN 10 level rollout! So far its sucking features away from my app.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Yes, the website says personal, the app though seems to think I am not on this.  I also just noticed that my tasks tab no longer displays all my tasks but instead an upgrade request. So essentially tasks is useless now if I can’t actually see the things.  I hope this isnt gonna be another EN 10 level rollout! So far its sucking features away from my app.  

Happily it seems to be OK for me. I assume you have tried simply logging out and back in again. Also worth trying the web version. Otherwise I would raise a support ticket.

8 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Happily it seems to be OK for me. I assume you have tried simply logging out and back in again. Also worth trying the web version. Otherwise I would raise a support ticket.

Hey, no, I hadn’t tried logging out the app, I did that and now it seems to be ok. 

• Like 1

There seems to be a hiccup in this today. As a premium, now personal, user I should be able to edit widgets and my home screen. I cannot do this on my iPad. I should also be able to email/chat support. However, I cannot open a ticket and when I try to submit one I am told to upgrade. 

Hopefully these issues get resolved somewhat quickly today.

23 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Good call Mike.  That was my problem. I completely closed the app and that did nothing.  Signing out and back in was the solution on the Windows and iOS clients for me.  Thanks!  

• Like 1
  • Ex Employees
16 minutes ago, buckethead said:

There seems to be a hiccup in this today. As a premium, now personal, user I should be able to edit widgets and my home screen. I cannot do this on my iPad. I should also be able to email/chat support.

If you logout and login again, does it resolve the issue?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I had the same problem except I accidentally accepted the 30 day trial for tasks with no confirmation window or anything, I just hope that after those 30 days my account does not automatically get upgraded to the pro version and I get billed for that

• Like 1

Hi Scott,

I upgraded from Premium/Personal to Professional, upgrade went through fine pro-rated.  Web interface reflected right away.  macOS didn't show the new options and update Tasks status from  'Early Access'.  Closing and relaunching didn't resolve but Logging out and back in has done the trick there.

Will do so on iPhone and work PC too :) 

• Ex Employees
3 minutes ago, danio72 said:

I upgraded from Premium/Personal to Professional, upgrade went through fine pro-rated.  Web interface reflected right away.  macOS didn't show the new options and update Tasks status from  'Early Access'.  Closing and relaunching didn't resolve but Logging out and back in has done the trick there.

Yes, the desktop apps will cache the Early Access info for a period of time (to reduce network calls) and then will refresh it. Logout/Login will force the clearing of that cache.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, myvm 12122013 said:

I have been paying for premium for years but now it shows "upgrade to professional" 

i changed my pw and re-logged on and still the same. I don't recall getting an email so I am really confused. 

Can you help? 

There are now different levels of non-team membership: free, personal and professional.

https://evernote.com/compare-plans

I've been moved from premium to personal. Personally I don't think there are many features in professional that I could justify paying the extra money for. There is a clear comparison in the web page above so you can decide for yourself.

• Like 1

I tried to restart the app to fix this but it still isn't working for me. There definitely seems to be some sort of weird miscommunication -- on the app if I go to settings, it says I have Evernote Personal. Even when I click on the "upgrade plan" button to save my home widgets, it takes me to a page where it tells me to upgrade to Professional since I currently have an EN Personal account.  ???

UPDATE: It seems that what ended up working for me was adding the Calendar and Tasks widget to my Home on the web version rather than the Mac app. This seemed to trickle down to the app once I reopened it.

I downloaded the latest version this AM but now I cannot access many features as it is telling me I need to upgrade to Evernote Personal.

However, I was a premium subscriber and it says that I am an Evernote Personal subscriber in my profile yet I can't access the much talked about features.  I can't even access the technical help because it doesn't recognize that I am a personal subscriber.

When will this be updated?

I have the same problem. To continue to have askes to tasks, which I love and have been using since it debuted, I needed to subscribe to a "trial" even though I was a premium subscriber and now am listed as a personal subscriber. I also can't access support options that are supposed to be available to premium/personal subscribers, so can't get help that way. 

@Buckethead, that worked, at least for the Windows app. 

I still can't access support on the website, though. I don't need it for this problem, though, since it's solved. Hopefully, the migration will be fixed by the time I need help again.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

For those with a paid subscription and can't access some premium features like Tasks, try logging out and then back in on your iPhone. Rebooting iPhone or just closing and opening the app didn't do it for me.

I had to manually log out of Evernote and then log back in on my iPhone to get access back to Tasks.

!!!! UPDATE !!! Well, I spoke too soon.. :(. Logging out and then back in 'does' get me access to Tasks.... but for that session only! Once I leave Evernote on my iPhone and go back in, I 'lose' Tasks again and must log out/in to get them back.

This is not good :(.

• Thanks 1
  • Shane D. changed the title to Upgraded to Personal/Premium but some features like Tasks aren't working correctly

👋 Hello! I am having that issue. I'll try logging out of (gulp) everything and see if that helps.

edit: My account info shows me 'downgraded' to Personal, although I do have the ability to gift someone a year of Premium, still 😉

Notification_Center.thumb.jpg.de1f685d10095c27443a4dc50a1cb5f0.jpg

Edited by macfixer
Added Account Info information.
  • Like 1
  • Shane D. pinned and featured this topic

Same here ;  upgraded to Evernote Professional this afternoon  ,  only available in iOs & ipados ,  but not in Windows . Logged out 2 times,  no change 

BTW,  the problem accessing the notes ( that contain a task )  from the Task  By Date view ,  is still not working  ( when clicking on the note,  it gives the option to change the notebook but doesn't open the note ;  I was hoping this issue to be solved  with the final version but clearly not this way ,the By Date feature is useless , adn teh whole chance to convert the EN Task into a Task manager app is very difficult  ) 

Thanks 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

We've seen a few reports from users that have upgraded to Personal or Professional, but are not able to immediately access the new features like Tasks.

If you are encountering this issue, please let us know by posting on this thread.

As a workaround, please try logging out of your Evernote Account on your device and then logging back in.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi, I upgraded to professional.  I logged out of three devices and then logged back in but no joy.  Is there anything else I can do?

1 hour ago, dbvirago said:

I logged out and back in. Says I'm now Personal instead of Premium. Want's me to 'upgrade' to see my tasks and no sign of a calendar.

Do they test anything? Ever?

Same here.  Lost access to my tasks and lost the linkage to my google calendar.

I have the same issue - Premium (Yearly) - in the web account settings, states I am personal.  I have logged out the MacOS client, seems to not prompt me anymore for trials but in the account management states I have moved to personal.

2 hours ago, macfixer said:

👋 Hello! I am having that issue. I'll try logging out of (gulp) everything and see if that helps.

edit: My account info shows me 'downgraded' to Personal, although I do have the ability to gift someone a year of Premium, still 😉

Notification_Center.thumb.jpg.de1f685d10095c27443a4dc50a1cb5f0.jpg

Update 2: It's gotten worse. At home, I signed out and signed back in. I can't re-add the widgets I had before. 

Home_-_Evernote.thumb.jpg.f0d4354b7cf0efa0ef1259f3124d78ab.jpg

If I click cancel, now Evernote acts as if I'm on the Free tier, and wants me to pay to get back onto Personal.

Screenshot_7_21_21__6_29_PM.thumb.jpg.8049bd97065e02fa820638249c366c5c.jpg

I pay for Premium annually and tasks is now disabled.  The Evernote web page lists Free, Personal and Professional as options.  

What am I supposed to do to get Tasks when I'm paying for a plan that isn't listed on the web page?  Come on guys....

from 'my account summary'

image.png.09593c9093f17c777545fbd2aa54cad3.png

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

We've seen a few reports from users that have upgraded to Personal or Professional, but are not able to immediately access the new features like Tasks.

If you are encountering this issue, please let us know by posting on this thread.

As a workaround, please try logging out of your Evernote Account on your device and then logging back in.

I have tried everything and nothing works. Can’t use websupport either. According to that I am ’basis’ but I am premium, when it comes to functions I am downgraded to ”personal” and can’t use any of the new functions.

I'm really quite upset right now.

After opening Evernote desktop this morning, my ability to access my existing Tasks has been removed in spite of what was advised in the email from Evernote on early access to Tasks.

My existing Premium plan has not been transitioned to Personal and I'm being prompted to pay.

I was going to try the suggested solution to sign out of the desktop app, but was presented with this screen before signing out and don't know what the ramifications are should I choose to exit and remove the data from my device. And given the limited amount of space on my hard drive, I don't know if I have enough room for the backup!

So I cancelled signing out and am awaiting your advice.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 080707 copy.png

40 minutes ago, JenTo said:

My existing Premium plan has not been transitioned to Personal and I'm being prompted to pay.

I was going to try the suggested solution to sign out of the desktop app, but was presented with this screen before signing out and don't know what the ramifications are should I choose to exit and remove the data from my device. And given the limited amount of space on my hard drive, I don't know if I have enough room for the backup!

So I cancelled signing out and am awaiting your advice

same with me, but only yesterday:

seems to be a server based issue in conforming Premium to Personal for millions of users and checking modified access rights, Just wait a couple of hours and let EN fix things. Then tasks should be available as announced for Premium/Personal.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Tasks work for all Plans, to an extend because features will be different.

EN will move you to Personal, which is Premium plus some for the old price. Maybe takes a little to roll out.

If it didn’t happen within of a day, ask support.

39 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

EN will move you to Personal, which is Premium plus some for the old price. Maybe takes a little to roll out.

This does not seem to be true in some regions - in the UK - the price has increased and people about to have their renewal are showing the new price so they do not seem to be grandfathered into an older price.

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, BernieO said:

For those with a paid subscription and can't access some premium features like Tasks, try logging out and then back in on your iPhone. Rebooting iPhone or just closing and opening the app didn't do it for me.

I had to manually log out of Evernote and then log back in on my iPhone to get access back to Tasks.

!!!! UPDATE !!! Well, I spoke too soon.. :(. Logging out and then back in 'does' get me access to Tasks.... but for that session only! Once I leave Evernote on my iPhone and go back in, I 'lose' Tasks again and must log out/in to get them back.

This is not good :(.

Update: Thursday morning 8:45 AM EDT 07/22/2021... This may be resolved (server side??) as I cannot re-create the Tasks problem as of this morning. 

Both Evernote IOS and Windows Desktop have no problems accessing Tasks, and no need to log out/in anymore.

If this changes, I will update. Fingers crossed :).

• Like 2
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There are two types of "Premium" user. Only one will move to "Personal".

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006213161

I'm a long-time Premium user who won't be moved to Personal - I will however get some basic access to Tasks.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
18 hours ago, BruceToday said:

What am I supposed to do to get Tasks when I'm paying for a plan that isn't listed on the web page? 

If you’re not squared away you need to log out and back in. There was a bug yesterday causing some account problems with Home and Tasks. 

• Confused 1

Hi @ShaneD,

I subscribed yearly to Premium via Google Play. I got a mail from Evernote on July 8th saying 'We’re upgrading your plan, but not your price' so as per the FAQ on https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006213161-Changes-to-Evernote-subscription-plans I assumed I am paying the 'rack rate' price and should be automatically upgraded to Personal.

This doesn't appear to have happened - the Account Info shows me as still on Premium and offers an upgrade. I've tried logging out and back in on both the web client and the Windows client (Win 10, Evernote 10.17.6) but it remains as Premium. If I try to use the new calendar widget on my home screen then it won't let me until I upgrade.

Can you confirm whether my subscription should be showing as Personal or not? If not, was the July 8th email sent in error or was it just wrong or have I misunderstood it somehow?

Thanks

Simon

image.png.1f4b293b87c56af270561f61ff4d6561.png

• Like 1
10 hours ago, roycleangrow said:

Same here, I have premium, paid for a year in advance and now being told to upgrade to get tasks? WTF evernote

Right - I already paid for the next 8 months and they don't give me any credit towards the revised plans and pricing.  No way I would not get any credit for all the money I already paid EN well into 2022.  Come on Evernote...

How do we get this corrected?  Especially after we started using Tasks and now they are taken away.  Amazing that they would take away notes that I created with no access to this data.  I've only been a loyal paying customer for over 8 years!

• Like 4

I'm on the personal plan.... Tasks are in Windows but not on either of my Android devices. I've tried logging out and even uninstalling/reinstalling and still no tasks. I was beta testing the calendar on the Android version.... And it still says beta even though it's not now.... Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a fix?

I have the same issue on windows 10 desktop client with my account switched to the personal plan. I have tried logging out and reinstalling the software. No luck.

UPDATE: Problem solved after I logged out Evernote with option "Remove my data from this device" checked.

I was having the issue of tasks not loading on the Mac - it would just spin and spin and spin..... So I logged out and also checked to "Remove my Evernote data from this Device" and that worked ..... and, it makes Evernote WAY faster. All notes now load almost instantly (or at least a lot faster than the past few weeks). 

Makes a huge difference in usability - just thought I'd share. 

• Thanks 1
On 7/23/2021 at 12:16 AM, Metrodon said:

Try logging out and back in again, that seems to fix this issue for a number of people.

nope, just upgraded to the newest release, I'm still listed as a Premium user and need to upgrade at full pricing to Personal to get tasks.  messed up for sure.  

Tasks does work, but the single Tasks overview panel from the left hand column is for Personal and Professional tiers only. I wound up contacting support and getting them to move me from my Premium tier across to Personal. My account hadn't been migrated to the newer billing system which meant the upgrade options were broken.

I've been a premium customer since 2013 and was under the understanding that tasks will be available. Just recently renewed!!  After new update, I'm getting message to "Try tasks free for 30 days".  What is that all about?  Why am I paying in the first place?

I'm having the same issue with Tasks not working on both Windows and Mac. Seems to be working on the Web Client. It worked great during the Early Access trial. Since they rolled out the changes it hasn't worked. I have been reporting this problem thru feedback over the last two updates. Got a Windows update today and was hoping it would correct this. But NO!

Also tried to sign-out and all those tricks. Didn't work. 

At least after viewing this forum I now know that I'm not the only one. Small comfort in that.

Once again EN has shot itself in the foot.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:19 AM, HeBoIz said:

same with me, but only yesterday:

seems to be a server based issue in conforming Premium to Personal for millions of users and checking modified access rights, Just wait a couple of hours and let EN fix things. Then tasks should be available as announced for Premium/Personal.

My issue was resolved promptly and efficiently after I contacted Billing support directly for assistance. It seems that my legacy Premium account hadn't moved to their new billing system, so they directed me to "upgrade" to Personal. After a few additional steps, the desktop app is showing Personal and all features there are working as they should.

Still having a small issue with the Evernote app on my Android tablet, but that's not within the scope of this thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

If you are still on Premium, it can mean one of two things:

1. The conversion did nor work for your account.
  2. You are on a rebated Premium that does not qualify for the automatic conversion.

In both cases you can continue your plan without paying extra. In the first case you can convert to Personal without paying more, in the second you can stay on your current plan. If you want to convert the rebated plan to Personal, you would have to change your subscription.

Ask support about your status and options.

Just upgraded (both software to newest version and to Premium.

Logged in/out of desktop client (Mac OS Mojave), and Tasks isn't present anywhere in the application.

When I log into the web client, i see tasks however.

EDIT TO UPDATE:

Randomly uninstalled Evernote with CleanMyMac, and reinstalled, and that fixed the problem.

Edited by DSC15
I solved issue

I am in the same position as BruceToday: a long-term premium subscriber via google play, paying annually (legacy price) - now stuck in limbo because I have six months left on my current subscription, but I can't upgrade in google play. The only option I have in Google play is to cancel my subscription, but this will mean I will lose the money I have paid, then have to pay again to re-subscribe on one of the new (more expensive) plans! Surely there should be a way to use what I have paid as credit to the new personal/professional  plan. I'd be happy to pay a bit more, seeing as I have saved some money by staying on the legacy price since the lat time the price increased, but this doesn't seem to be an option. 

My options at the moment:

1. Cancel my subscription, wait for my account to reset to free, then re-subscribe: I lose out as I effectively pay twice for the next six months
  2. Cancel my automatic renewal, wait for six months, then change to a new plan (if this becomes possible via google play): I lose out because I don't have access to the features I was expecting and have been using whilst the Tasks feature was in beta. I'll have to use something else (maybe better?) in the meantime
  3. Move to a different note-taking/tasks app and leave evevrnote behind: I lose out because I have to go through the hassle of moving all my notes and learning how to use different software

I'm impressed with the improvements to EN, but seriously considering the third option because of the lack of thought that Evernote have given to the customers who stuck with them when EN was quite franly rubbish compared to the competition. Or is this cutting off my nose to spite my face?  ☹️ 🤬

So thank you Evernote for srcrewing over your loyal long-term customers!

• Level 5

No experience with the PlayStore. My subscription is handled through the Apple AppStore (mainly because I run as many subscriptions through it as possible, it is very convenient and gives me a good control). My account upgraded without any problem to Personal, and I am offered to upgrade to Professional.

Probably your subscription is one of these rebated ones, not eligible for the automatic upgrade.

There were reports that even after cancelling, users could not upgrade while their cancelled subscription was still running.

I would contact support before taking any action.

5 hours ago, Chris H 254 said:

I am in the same position as BruceToday: a long-term premium subscriber via google play, paying annually (legacy price) - now stuck in limbo because I have six months left on my current subscription, but I can't upgrade in google play. The only option I have in Google play is to cancel my subscription, but this will mean I will lose the money I have paid, then have to pay again to re-subscribe on one of the new (more expensive) plans! Surely there should be a way to use what I have paid as credit to the new personal/professional  plan. I'd be happy to pay a bit more, seeing as I have saved some money by staying on the legacy price since the lat time the price increased, but this doesn't seem to be an option. 

My options at the moment:

1. Cancel my subscription, wait for my account to reset to free, then re-subscribe: I lose out as I effectively pay twice for the next six months
  2. Cancel my automatic renewal, wait for six months, then change to a new plan (if this becomes possible via google play): I lose out because I don't have access to the features I was expecting and have been using whilst the Tasks feature was in beta. I'll have to use something else (maybe better?) in the meantime
  3. Move to a different note-taking/tasks app and leave evevrnote behind: I lose out because I have to go through the hassle of moving all my notes and learning how to use different software

I'm impressed with the improvements to EN, but seriously considering the third option because of the lack of thought that Evernote have given to the customers who stuck with them when EN was quite franly rubbish compared to the competition. Or is this cutting off my nose to spite my face?  ☹️ 🤬

So thank you Evernote for srcrewing over your loyal long-term customers!

Speak to Evernote Support - I too pay annually through Google Play and wanted to upgrade to Personal. They told me that I could cancel the Google Play subscription (mine ends in November) and I would get a pro-rated refund of any unused amount and then I could sign up directly with Evernote on Personal. I used the support chat to ask about this and then they got in touch with me via email to outline the process and help me through it. I'm sure the same would apply to you.

• Like 1
On 7/21/2021 at 4:06 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

When open an Event in G Calendar it takes several minutes to appear on Evernote Calentar. This is annoying when  have to wait several minutes to create a Note or Link a Note on Evernote Calendar Event. Could this time be improved to a few seconds?

On 7/21/2021 at 5:32 PM, dereksn said:

I have the same issue - Premium (Yearly) - in the web account settings, states I am personal.  I have logged out the MacOS client, seems to not prompt me anymore for trials but in the account management states I have moved to personal.

Same issue on Android. The Web version works properly (i.e., I have access to Tasks). I am in the beta program on Android, and even leaving this channel didn't fix things. 

On 7/29/2021 at 3:40 PM, Simon Anderson said:

Speak to Evernote Support - I too pay annually through Google Play and wanted to upgrade to Personal. They told me that I could cancel the Google Play subscription (mine ends in November) and I would get a pro-rated refund of any unused amount and then I could sign up directly with Evernote on Personal. I used the support chat to ask about this and then they got in touch with me via email to outline the process and help me through it. I'm sure the same would apply to you.

To clarify this a little, now that I've been through the upgrade process, for me to move from Premium (paying the legacy price via Google Play with several months left until renewal date) to Personal (paying annually direct to Evernote) I did the following:

• Contacted Evernote support via chat and explained that I want to move to Personal but had several months left on my subscription via Google Play
  • They told me that if I cancelled the Google Play subscription then I could sign up direct with Evernote and they (Evernote) would refund the unused months of my Google Play payment. They passed my details on to their support team.
  • Support team contacted me and we agreed to go ahead. They cancelled the Google Play subscription for me - I got an email from Google saying that the subscription would be cancelled on my renewal date and no refunds would be given.
  • Evernote support sent me a link to sign up for Personal directly with them, paying annually. Once I had signed up, Evernote then refunded me the amount corresponding to the months I had left on my Google Play subscription.

All in all, I think it went pretty smoothly and Evernote support were responsive and helpful. Hope this is useful for someone else.

• Thanks 2

I upgraded to Personal. Nothing is displaying correctly on my iPhone 11. IOS is current. Evernote v 10.14. I logged out then back in. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Please help as it’s difficult to read. See screenshot 

904064A1-D68B-4D73-9023-C3BD2DA41613.png

I'm having the same issue.

I subscribed as "Premium" in March 2021.

I was transferred to Personal during the big switch.

I'm now receiving notices that I need to upgrade to maintain my access to Tasks.

I logged out of my Mac application, deleted all data. Then I logged back in and received this message:

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 4.38.11 PM.png

Same issue but not even transferred to Personal and can't upgrade (only to Business)

22 hours ago, waketheman said:

I'm having the same issue.

I subscribed as "Premium" in March 2021.

I was transferred to Personal during the big switch.

I'm now receiving notices that I need to upgrade to maintain my access to Tasks.

I logged out of my Mac application, deleted all data. Then I logged back in and received this message:

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 4.38.11 PM.png

On 7/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, PinkElephant said:

You need to leave beta and install the release client.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033369173

Took me a while to get round to trying this, but it was having the beta version on Android that meant that I couldn't see the options for upgrade. 

Uninstalled betam reinstalled the latest release and all sorted now.

Thanks for the advice!

I've already upgraded to professional (from Premium) and am very frustrated that on the desktop version, the tasks do not appear at all, whether on the tasks bar on the let side of the page, or on the home page. Tried logging out and logging back in, but there's no change. 

Works fine on my iPad Air and on my android phone. 

Hope I can get some help on this - is it a bug that will be fixed? 

• Level 5

@RMAph when logging out, have you disabled before the setting „Keep data on leaving“ ? You find it in the first menu (Evernote / File) in Preferrences.

Uncheck it, then try logging out again. After this quit the app (not only close it by X / 🔴). Open it again, log in.

Done ?

On 8/5/2021 at 3:56 PM, PinkElephant said:

@waketheman @daniekbk The forum is user2user. These issues are better placed with support.

Hi @PinkElephant thanks for the note! To be clear, I posted here for two reasons:

1. @Shane D. Requested that anyone having this issue post in this thread. 
2. Support is not available to customers who pay for Personal accounts. 

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to share my feedback to Evernote staff @Shane D. and @Scott T.

From a user engagement perspective, it is at least humiliating to your loyal premium users offering a service but limited. It is essentially creating a freemium experience to a premium user and this is definitely not creating an engaging, loyal customer.

After all, tasks, widgets and viewing your calendar in a widget are not functionalities to make a tier out of it. Assigning tasks to another person, yes that would make sense. You are not professional, you don’t need to assign tasks to others.

But, widgets and calendars ? Come on ! So, I am allowed to get 1 filtered notes widget but not 2 ? 1 integrated calendar, but not 2. You make me feel like a child that can get 1 ice cream, but not 2.

👎 👎  👎  👎  👎  👎  👎  👎  👎  👎 

P.S. How about you integrate to more calendars before asking more money ?

Quoting from Twitter

New concept: Prefreemium

@evernote tier strategy is by far the most humiliating experience I ‘ve ever had: New tiny functionalities (Widgets, Calendars) are limited to only 1, despite being premium. That’s crazy for a 2 paid tier service, handling premium as freemium #evernote

• Level 5

It is a company decision which service is in which plan.

We are talking additional services here, services that did not exist in the former Premium plan at all. All Premium services have been transferred to Personal, plus some more that did not exist before.

You can wish for getting everything for free - it seems we all got just something (1 calendar, 1 widget, etc.), and have to pay more if we want it all.

Personally I decided I don't need more than the Personal plan offers. So I stick with it. If you NEED more, and can make use of it, I am convinced you will be able to pay for what you use. Expecting to get all just like that is IMHO pretty beside the point.

But maybe somebody is going to invite you for a free lunch ... it is said to happen from time to time.