Why do my tags only show 10 results on iOS app

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

• 2 weeks later...

I think I had this issue (a tag search showing nowhere near all the notes with that tag) a few months ago, but I haven't noticed it lately. Have you updated to the latest iOS versions?

See how in the tag list for ‘main meal’ there are 304 results. Then when I click on that tag and it takes me to the page of all of them, it only shows me 135 results. This happens with every tag and shows different random amounts.

48C90C32-EAA1-46F7-B313-72788BEA87CC.jpeg

66E43D56-7F7B-4EEE-B3F8-9B4C4C570083.jpeg

• Level 5

Can't reproduce this behavior. I tried with some tags, both Mac client 10.18.3 and on iOS 10.14.

Tag number in tag view, search with the term "tag:mytag" or filter with that tag produces the exact same amount of notes.

Make sure there is not accidentally a filter active.

When you excluded factors like this, and it persists, probably your best option is to ask support.

How strange 🤔

I tried your suggestions and it’s still persisting. 

Do you know if there’s a way to speak with support without being a paying user?

Also, thank you so much for your help on this.

• Level 5
  • Solution

No, support is for subscribers only.

About the problem:

If it is only on the iOS client, there may be a problem there.

As a first step, try to logout of the client and back in (in settings). Close it, switch the iPhone completely off and on again (Apple logo must show).

Open the app again, log in, wait because it may update data now. Try again.

If this doesn’t work, do the same, but after closing the app uninstall it. Switch the iPhone off and on again, reinstall the app. Login, leave it open in the foreground while it recovers data (this will take longer). Try again.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 7:28 AM, PinkElephant said:

No, support is for subscribers only.

About the problem:

If it is only on the iOS client, there may be a problem there.

As a first step, try to logout of the client and back in (in settings). Close it, switch the iPhone completely off and on again (Apple logo must show).

Open the app again, log in, wait because it may update data now. Try again.

If this doesn’t work, do the same, but after closing the app uninstall it. Switch the iPhone off and on again, reinstall the app. Login, leave it open in the foreground while it recovers data (this will take longer). Try again.

Many thanks — I've had this exact same issue for months. And logging out and then restarting the iPhone fixed the issue.

• Thanks 1