Evernote not closing tot system tray

Because the startup proces of the newest version of Evernote is so slow, I want to close it to the system tray. On my desktop this works fine. On my Notebook it does not. Here, the legacy version 6.25.2.9198 closes to the system tray, but the 10.17.6 version does not. Any ideas?

• Evernote Expert

Please describe how you are closing Evernote.  For me and my colleagues it closes to the tray if I click the X in the top right corner of the window. This, of course, only works if you use Hibernate or Standby mode in Windows.

10 hours ago, agsteele said:

Please describe how you are closing Evernote.  For me and my colleagues it closes to the tray if I click the X in the top right corner of the window. This, of course, only works if you use Hibernate or Standby mode in Windows.

I was closing Evernote with "file--close Evernote"

Indeed, when I close with the x in the top right corner, Evernote closes. Not exactly to the system tray, but to the taskbar. From there I can reopen it more quickly. And I can drag and drop the little white elefant to the system tray, where it stays.

Thanks.

• Level 5

To terminate the app you need to quit it. Then it is gone, and will stop using any resources beside disk space.

Closing keeps a session open in the background, consuming resources, but allowing a faster restart.

Depends on what is more important for you.