Sync Issue: "Note Failed to Update" – Is this data loss expected behavior?

I'm working on mediocre bandwidth (tethered to my phone). I created a new note and started copying URL's into it. I got this message:

2021-07-19_12-18-37.thumb.png.c71ddeeb2e3446adda358ba616385e72.png

So I reloaded. And, my note is now blank (all the data I had in it is lost):

2021-07-19_12-19-06.thumb.png.f5b9b1ffc8221f59b49883829365dad2.png

In my experience, this behavior is a BIG change from how legacy worked. I never lost data working in sub-optimal online access positions. I would sometimes have trouble syncing, or a duplicate note would be created and I'd have to pick which note I wanted to keep, but there was never data loss – the local version always retained my data.

Is this an issue that I should report to support? Or, is this the expected (and WAY less desirable) functionality of v10? 

• Level 5

In fact this is a big step backward.

If only working with EN v10, I found it better to go offline while working when on a bad internet connection. Syncing problems usually arise when a note is changed while the sync is lagging. It usually syncs well when you stopped working in the app before going online.

This of course is a workaround, and a bad one !

It won’t help at all when I need to be online at the same time, to check my mail, to browse something, whatever. The need to go offline to use an app is a very poor concept, bad basic design, a conceptual shot in the foot for an app that relies on cloud server storage and services.

I think this new syncing was never ever tested on weak or intermittent internet connections. And to take away all tools to influence syncing from the desktop clients doesn’t help a bit !

I would like to invite one of the devs to a train ride from my place to the next large city. The internet will go away and come back 4 times during the 40min commute. Usually a perfect time to do some EN housekeeping - now only if I don’t forget to go offline when boarding.