(Archived) To-Do Display suggestion

It would be great if there was a to-do view where it listed just the text next to the checkbox. That way I can have one list of just to-do items:

[ ] thing 1

[ ] thing 2

[ ] thing 3

even though these may all be from different notes.

-Steve

• Level 5*
It would be great if there was a to-do view where it listed just the text next to the checkbox. That way I can have one list of just to-do items:

I would like to second this request. Having the ability to bring up a list of notes that have an embedded todo is very useful, but I have to occasionally search through a lengthy note to find the todo that I've embedded. To be able to also parse all this into one master todo category would be wonderful. Maybe use the checkbox as the start todo character and then define a stop todo character to define the todo text that you want to pull out of the note and put into the master todo category.

John

I wanted to add to this suggestion. That would be a fantastic way to handle To Do's. I sometimes have the check mark embedded far down in a note also.

John mentioned having a stop character to define the To Do. Maybe just an would do it.

Vince

I get such a strange feeling of deja-vu when I read this thread. :roll:

It took me a while to find a way to just show my "To-Do's", this is how I found ti best to work for me:

• Open the Left Panel

• Either choose a specific Notebook, or choose the "All Notebooks"

• Click on "Attributes | Contains | Unfinished to-do items"

• Click again to show all notes

If you use the "umbrella" tag method of hierarchy tags it will show how many To-Do's are under each umbrella as well 8)

Hope that helps, it made my To-Do lists much more manageable, without having to use a "To Do" tag (which is how I originally started :? )

This still does not do what I want -- it will show me all of the _notes_ which contain a To-Do, but what I want is a list of JUST the text next to every undo across all of my notbooks.

I am using the mac client so it could be a limitation of that.

-Steve

Nothing to do with a limitation of the mac. Just can't be done, not in 3, not in the older 2.2. EN doesn't extract bits of notes, unlike, say, OneNote, where you could do exactly this (but not much else that EN does well :().

Nothing to do with a limitation of the mac. Just can't be done, not in 3, not in the older 2.2. EN doesn't extract bits of notes, unlike, say, OneNote, where you could do exactly this (but not much else that EN does well :().

Pretty cool feature of the Apple Leopard OS, the email client allows you to attach a note to an email and insert a Todo into the note which automatically appears in your todo list, linked back to the email. Pretty slick! There was a time when I would have suggested that EN do something like that with Outlook.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived