Can you save a search that uses a "-tag:" operator? I'm having problems

I can create a search with a number of negative tag operators, and it works fine.  But when I save it and then recall it, it returns 0 notes and asks me to refine my search.

I have tags for "today", "this week", "within a month" etc, to time stamp when something needs my attention.  I want to have a saved search so I can see what notes do not have a time stamp.  

This works fine when I first create the search, but it doesn't want to work as a saved search.

Any ideas?

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Len15 said:

This works fine when I first create the search, but it doesn't want to work as a saved search.

Can you post the exact problem  search

20 hours ago, Len15 said:

It has been reported elsewhere. Existing saved searches also do not work (and they used to in V10 so it's not just a V10 issue). 

Thanks Mike.  I created a work-around by using a tag called "idle" for any of the notes that were not time-stamped.

Hope the fix comes soon, as searching is one of the foundations of the program.

16 minutes ago, Len15 said:

I created a work-around by using a tag called "idle" for any of the notes that were not time-stamped.

Good suggestion. I just copy the text of the search query into a code box within a note and then copy and paste as needed. I have always done that to get around the fact that you can't link to a saved search from a note (well there is a work around in the legacy version) and my Dashboard notes sometimes need to link to saved searches.

have you tried to run the saved search on the mobile client?

I do have some saved searches with „-tag:“ and they work only on iOS - I gave up a few months ago to re-report all these search issues to Evernote support.

Thx stocky.

I have not used it on the mobile client.  I will.  I use a Windows 10 desktop computer and an iPhone, so I should be able to test that.

Brutal that Evernote is not able to prioritize and solve "Search" issues.  Information is not worth storing if you can't find it again.  But I do remain a fan.

• Level 5

It is just an assumption that EN improved something on their cloud servers. Search is actually running there. When the client software has not changed, but an issue is fixed, it may be that the fix was applied just to the server side.