Enable Task Notifications: Evernote not an option in system?

Stacey Harmon

Idea

I had a customer (they are on Windows) try to follow these directions from Evernote to enable notifications for Evernote so that they can get task notifications. They are not seeing Evernote as an app in the app list.

So, I went to follow the directions for Mac, and I too am not seeing Evernote as an option in the app list (Legacy is an option but not v10). I have 10.17.6 installed on BigSur 11.4.

Is this a bug? Or is there something that we can do to have our computer see Evernote as an option?

2021-07-17_06-38-00.thumb.png.d38ca76629885274a35492f283194604.png

4 replies to this idea

I can't answer specifically why you don't have the app listed in Notifications, but, I know I am getting them and upon checking I do indeed have Evernote listed with the various control options 

When I install and also when I update I always do so by downloading directly from the Evernote site; I don't use the in built update. [partly because I am impatient and want to update as soon as possible]  How do you update your copy; might it be connected?

I know in iOS with apps in the past if the app wasn't showing in the controls I removed the app and reinstalled - as the app has to 'register' into the Notifications Centre I suspect you may need to do the same?

Screenshot 2021-07-17 at 13.02.16.png

14 minutes ago, danio72 said:

When I install and also when I update I always do so by downloading directly from the Evernote site; I don't use the in built update. [partly because I am impatient and want to update as soon as possible]  How do you update your copy; might it be connected?

Good thought, but I always have my download direct from Evernote, so, seems it is in intermittent bug. I'll submit a ticket. Thanks for your screenshot.

(Also, I've had the experience of a reinstall on iOS fixing the issue - ie the app reappears in the share options. Not sure if that will help on the Mac, but can give it a try).

• Like 1

I'm the customer Stacey referred to.  Here is a screenshot of my Windows Notifications settings screen:

image.thumb.png.b9e9b9c628c7e10655e2358b85b9ad7a.png

As you can see, no Evernote.  BTW, this Win 10, fully updated.

Vinnie

Guest kchristensen
On 7/18/2021 at 8:41 PM, VincentC said:

I'm the customer Stacey referred to.  Here is a screenshot of my Windows Notifications settings screen:

image.thumb.png.b9e9b9c628c7e10655e2358b85b9ad7a.png

As you can see, no Evernote.  BTW, this Win 10, fully updated.

Vinnie

@VincentC @Stacey thank you for reporting; I've heard one other report of this issue (also Windows 10). @VincentC just in case, could you share what type of Windows device you're using there?