What time has more new function?

Jamie Huang

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

This app was split away from EN quite a while ago. This was probably necessary because the Chinese government requested the „usual“ access to the data of the users. EN did not want to open the user data and sold its share in the Chinese app.

It has taken its own path since. Have fun using the app ! I am sure it can earn you a lot of social credits (I mean, if you behave yourself) …

• Level 5

Go ahead and use it, if you don’t care for your privacy.

EN lost years when selling socks was more important than taking care of the core product. The app was practically stagnant for a long time. Still solid, but not moving anywhere.

They are just digging out of it - maybe you noticed …

• Level 5

It has ups and downs. The data in DT is stored locally - this means you have to take care of it as well. Possible in a closed network, more difficult when you need external access or want to share content.

With a cloud service, you always have to trust the service provider. EN has outlined security in this document:

https://evernote.com/intl/en/security/

To reach a similar level for a private network you need to invest a significant amount of time and money. Wish you success !

You can cloud sync which allow you to have external access on your mobile devices.  In addition,  you can have your own security key to encrypt/secure your data, something EN cannot provide.  You definitely have more control in terms of security than EN.

• Level 5

Yes, DT has a lot of options EN does not have. I just found it too „nerdy“ - you need to invest more into making good use of its features. This comes along with the many options, you can’t have one without accepting the other.

It would probably serve 10% of EN users well - if they decided to try, what probably only a fraction will do. For the other 90% DT is beyond what they could use, will desire or can reasonably handle. Starting with being Apple-only, which reduces the target audience a lot.

Giving how DT positions itself, I doubt they would even want the majority of EN users to stand at their gates one day, a migration ticket in their hands.