[Help] Open Evernote from tray

Go to solution Solved by EvernoteUser456,

Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut to maximize Evernote when it's minimized on the notification area? For now i have to open the Evernote Helper (ctrl + alt + H) and then click on the "open Evernote" button. How could i do it with just one shortcut? I've tried creating a shortcut to Evernote.exe but for some reason it takes a long time to open it in comparisson to the first method, even when i open the executable without using the keyboard shortcut (just by clicking it). Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

• Solution
On 15/7/2021 at 12:12, gazumped dijo:

Hi.  Does minimizing Evernote to the  Task Bar not allow you to switch between open applications?

That wasn't my problem. I wanted a a hotkey/shortcut to open Evernote when it's minimized in the system tray/notification area.

After researching some hours i've managed to install AutoHotKey and create a script to do so. I don't know if it's coded in the best way, but it works (any improvement is welcome):

;this script opens the evernote helper, clicks the "open Evernote" button and returns the mouse to the previous position.
^!e::
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
x = 0
y = 0
MouseGetPos, x, y
Send, ^!h
SendMode Event
SetMouseDelay, 0
MouseClick, left, 1206, 80 ; 1206 and 80 are the X and Y coordinates of the "open evernote" button. You should change them to fit yours.
MouseMove, x, y
return

EDIT: the command to run this script is CTRL + ALT + E. Sorry, i forgot to specify it in the description.

Edited by EvernoteUser456
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1