Evernote IOS 10.13 - "Tap To Load Attachments" For Premium User With 'Download All Notebooks' Selected

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

iPhone 12 v14.6

Evernote IOS 10.13

I'm an Evernote premium user with 'Download all notebooks' selected for Offline Notebooks.  The Notebooks always get downloaded, but any PDF attachments within the Notes do not get download until I 'tap' them on my iPhone.

When I open a Note with a PDF, I'll see 'tap to load attachment'. The attachment always loads fine after download, but I must 'tap' it first. 

I assumed 'Download all notebooks' means all attachments within the Notes too. I realize the downloads may not happen instantaneously, but I can go back weeks and still see notes that have attachments not downloaded yet.

Is this a bug or just the way Evernote for IOS works? 

Thanks.

• Level 5
  • Solution

My attachments are all downloaded. If they are not, download is not finished.

If you go to offline notebooks in settings, and any of them have a green/grey progress bar, they still need to download.

Download only happens while the app is active. To speed it up, do this:

1. Go to iOS settings, display & brightness, autolockscreen on to never. 
  2. Put the iOS device on charger
  3. Open the EN app, leave it open and in the foreground. Once it goes to the background iOS stops all background activity.
  4. I then reduce screen brightness to the minimum 

Depending on the volume to download it can take very long - I let it run over the night.

• Like 1

I totally forgot that the downloads only happen when the app is open. Thanks!!  Most of my Notebooks have 'green progress bars' :(.

I will use your instructions, and keep the app open and running overnite. 

Thanks again....

• Like 1

The overnight downloads worked pretty good. I only had one notebook that appears to be 'stuck'. I've de-selected/selected and hopefully, that one will complete over tonight. 

I only have a total of about 4.75GB, so it took much less time than your mammoth 20GB :). Thanks again. 

• Like 1