scroll bar included in note printout

10.17.6-win-ddl-public (2775)
Editor: v126.2.16348
Service: v1.37.8

With the note highlighted in the note list, I select Note from the top menu, print note. Then I select my preferences for my printer like I always did and no matter how many different ways I try to print it, I get the scroll bar printed alongside the note. I've attached a sample printed to PDF.

sample printout.pdf

I installed the legacy version of Evernote and everything works the way it's supposed to. Printing is perfect. I even recovered some missing notes!!!! So, tell me, am I supposed to run both programs to have the functionality I've come to count on? This is crazy!!!

• Level 5

The legacy offer is official by EN. They are aware that the new version will need some time and work to gain features.

So for the time being, yes, it is both versions side by side. When to skip this depends on your use cases and the features you need to support them.

Some features will never be implemented in v10:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047889234-What-s-new-in-Evernote-for-Windows

• Evernote Expert

Hi @betsy50 - I am bemused by your printing issue.  As already noted printing in Evernote v10 isn't in a good place yet but I haven't seen or heard of anyone with the specific experience you described.  I just made a test print on my PC and the scroll bar wasn't present. This looks like a case where a support ticket would be a good way forward.

Of course you don't have to have both versions of Evernote installed - although some of us do in order to follow the developments with v10.  You can just uninstall v10 and keep going with the so-called legacy version as you have done previously.  It isn't going away in the immediate future.

Another option for cleaner printing in v10 is to right click the note and choose Export.  Select the HTML option and then print from that document in a web browser. Not a satisfactory solution but it does work and would avoid the need to have v10 AND legacy both installed to do printing.

• Thanks 1

@PinkElephant and @agsteele, you have both been very responsive and I appreciate that. I love(d) Evernote and I hate change, so I am just having a difficult time making the transition. I used local notebooks extensively and will miss those. I will stick with Evernote as it evolves through its growing pains, but I really, really did love the way it worked before.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

„Before“ is definitely over with EN. I think v10 is an offer (they are definitely working on missing features), but everybody used to the old clients needs to adapt.

The legacy client helps to build a bridge - but at the end of the bridge, there is a new road.

17 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

„Before“ is definitely over with EN. I think v10 is an offer (they are definitely working on missing features), but everybody used to the old clients needs to adapt.

The legacy client helps to build a bridge - but at the end of the bridge, there is a new road.

I appreciate the metaphor, and I hope the new road soon has all the trappings of a useful road. At this moment, it's not, um, very navigable. . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

It may be the only way within a v10 client.

The more comfortable way is the use of the web client.

P.S. We don’t like visual exaggeration here in the forum, like using an exceptional large typeface. You can change it by editing your post.

PinkElephant,

I would rather not have to use a web browser when I have a desktop app always running.

As for visual exaggeration, I copied the posters name and pasted it in my reply so they would know I was responding to their post.  In doing so, it changed my whole post to bold.   I tried 15 ways to Sunday to unbold the text to no avail.  Highlighted text, clicked on the highlighted bold symbol, tried changing the font, tried changing the size, again to no avail.  So I decided to just hit submit.  So sorry if it offended any of the members in the forum as it seemed to have done with you.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Just some hints:

To address a fellow forum user, just write an „@„ plus the users forum name, without a space. To make it effective, then pick the user from the shortlist.

To reference a post, use the Quote button below a posting.

To cancel something already posted, use the Edit or the Delete options.

• Evernote Expert
On 7/27/2021 at 6:45 PM, Paul Hetherington said:

I too am having the same issue with scroll bar printing on my notes.  The only way I can rid myself of them is to export the note as a PDF, choose preview and print from there.

Since the original post, a few others have reported this issue but it isn't universal.  As I suggested to the OP, I'd recommend you raise a support ticket since this isn't somethig that peer user support can help with.

In the meantime printing remains very dysfunctional in v10 so this is about the only remaining thing I undertake with the so-called Legacy program. If I want to print from v10 I prefer to export as HTML and then print. Personally, I think it gives a cleaner result but YMMV.

• Like 1