Two Factor Authentication Codes

Peter Nimmo

Idea

I have changed phones recently so I deactivated 2FA for Evernote, I could see no Evernote entry in Google Authenticator in the old phone, so I followed the evernote instructions to add one.

However after entering the long key and using "Time Based", the codes coming back from Google Authenticator are not recognised by Evernote

7 replies to this idea

I also now can't get to the page for enabling two factor authentication, as when it says "Verify Password", states my email address, and says "Continue With Google", if I hit continue I'm now getting:

Error 403: disallowed_useragent

Its also a bit rubbish in that when I tried to access the account on my work PC, it automatically tried to add it as a new device, which I then had to revoke, instead of just saying you've reached your device limit.

• Level 5

Yes, it seems you are exceeding the device limit.

I use different names for my I-devices to tell them apart. I would unsync most, leaving one device active, and start to build from there.

New password and 2FA first, the the second device.

The trouble is that big long string I added to google authenticator did not produce working codes, and now I can't reach the 2FA page to even try adding it due to the stupid 403 error so I don't know how I'm meant to fix things