Filter Tasks By Tag, Contains, Created and Updated

manifold1978

Idea

Filtering by tag seems really importnat to me.

Almost like the Task filters should look exactly the same as the current Note filters.

I have several tasks that apply to differnt projects (in my case, projects are defined with tags).

Only being able to filter by notebook/note forces you to put tasks in those containers.

• Like 7

6 replies to this idea

I agree that would be useful -filtering tasks by a tag in the containing notes.

Of course you can already filter your notes by both the tag and whether they contain a task which is also helpful. It gives you the taks but they are obviously burried in the notes. Useful to see context but lacks the simplicity of the tasks view. 

image.png.f39d576ccfbbf214a02f6a68845bca4a.png

• Like 1
On 7/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, manifold1978 said:

put tasks in those containers

EN has said that tasks are part of a note, not the other way around.  So if you need to use tags for tasks you must tag the containing note and put tasks you want tagged differently in a separate note. 

@buckethead, yes appreciate tasks are in notes, I'm just talking about filtering tasks in task view in the same way that notes can in note view (i.e. by tags and a few other things). It seems really obvious and odd that EN left this out.

If someone (me) previously used tags to organise topics rather than notebooks, then it kind of forces you to use notebooks to organise topics if you want to also see your tasks per topic. Otherwise your tasks for every topic are all mixed up together.

I think tags are so much more powerful because a note can belong to multiple topics by having multiple tags.
Unlike a tag, a note can only be in one notebook, so being forced to use notebooks to organise your tasks takes a lot of usefulness away for me. 

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, manifold1978 said:

I'm just talking about filtering tasks in task view in the same way that notes can in note view (i.e. by tags and a few other things). It seems really obvious and odd that EN left this out.

Gotcha - I’ve had the same thoughts about filtering by stacks as well.  @Mike Pshared a way to filter notes that have tasks and tagged with a specific tag in a previous post. Hoping as EN adds more features to tasks filtering and viewing is easier.