Can't access/view notes... Software update 10.16.7 is terrible!!!

I am required to use Evernote for work and was recently prompted to update Evernote to 10.16.7 which I regret. I can't access notes- I can search them, but the actual note never loads, so I can't view the content, which I heavily rely on. Tried signing out (and back in) which did not make a difference. This is very frustrating and time consuming and setting me back in getting work done! I wish my employer used a different software =(

This is really bad. I'm constantly prevented from note taking on existing notes because of the View Only state. Clearly a bug, as it will resolve itself after a bit of time. 

It's super annoying, and although I'm not a paying user, it does nothing to entice me to sign up.

And pls, you're really annoying me with your 40% off deals and trying the FOMO with one-time offer rubbish. You keep offering! 

Change your pricing plan - note taking software products aren't complex that requires yearly subs. Offer a one-time price and I'll consider it, even despite the annoying bugs. 

• Like 1

I updated to 10.17.6 and now I can't even launch the app from my desktop. It was having lag issues on my phone before this. 

It'll launch for a second but the moment it loads anything in, it'll be immediately obvious that it's crashing. It freezes, the loading circle continues spinning, the top bar of the app looks wrong. I was reading things in my notes just fine before this update and now it's not working. I have updated my computer, restarted several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the entire app -- nothing. If it weren't for the fact that I have so many things stored in Evernote, I would be considering trying to find something else.

It's frustrating.

• Level 5

Could it be that you have exceeded your device limit of 2 active devices ?

Check this on a working client in your account settings. It is not unheard that EN identifies an existing device as a new one.

You can only have 2 active devices, if you want to connect a new one it is only one.

If there are more booked into your account, you need to unsync until you are within of the limits.

About having so many things stored in EN: The Basic account is not made for serious use. You can do as you want - maybe you have outgrown this tarif.

I'm required to use this for work so I am not paying out of pocket for the premium membership (and I only have it stored on 2 devices- 1 laptop, and 1 mobile). My attorneys have been experiencing the same issue since they updated as well, but yesterday and today seem a little better- still spotty and slowing me down a bit which is frustrating, but it's better than no access to any notes.. Thanks for everyone's feedback. Hopefully this bug gets fixed! Good luck!

• Level 5

Everybody who uses a service (any service) for a professional use without paying for it does so on his own peril.

The enforcement of the device limit is only an example of what can happen when you believe in having a free lunch - every day.