Saved search not working - entering same search manually works fine

Evernote 10.17.6

I use a bunch of saved searches for my workflow. About a week ago they stopped working. Re-creating most of them fixed it, but one is refusing to stay fixed.

Saved search is: -reminderOrder:* tag:6-Waiting

If I click on the shortcut for this I seeimage.thumb.png.b913c8251841ff33ad78867f962d8e30.png

If I delete the "6-Waiting" tag bubble and just re-enter the search I see:

image.thumb.png.f450b1adf44b5cbe8c991dceab796d78.png

Re-saving the search doesn't help.

I assume this is a back end thing - the web interface is the same.

Cheers

Rob

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

thx for posting.

Same error here.

I have a saved search called "Sonstige Unrevs". If i click it, EN [1] moves the "+tag" "unrev" (in contrast to the "-tag"s) out as a bubble. If i remove the bubble and reenter it into the search field as text, it works and delivers the requested notes. [2]

Regards,

Alexander

[1]

10.17.6-win-ddl-public (2775)
Editor: V 126.2.16348
Service: V 1.37.8
© 2019–2021 Evernote Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

[2]

image.png.b5b8a9c2a2d9de123ec01c0ca4918435.png

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Tcellguy said:

Any updates on this? I have the same issue. 

This is a very old thread. It refers to version 10.17.6 and we are now on 10.52.8 - and yes the middle number does go up sequentially with each version.  Perhaps you could describe in a little more detail what the problem is. Ideally with enough detail that somebody can replicate it. 

A good idea with many of these sort of problems is to try it on the web version. if it works OK there you may need to refresh your local data base by logging out, choosing to not retain the data, and then logging back in. 

I have the identical issue as above where a compound search works using the syntax shown, but Evernote adds parenthesis to the search string upon saving, which renders the search inactive. De novo search with the same parenthetical search generated upon saving also fails. 

My suspicion is that this was intentionally done to prevent Boolean searches when that became a top tier payment level? I’m still on the grandfathered premium level account. 

42 minutes ago, Tcellguy said:

I have the identical issue as above where a compound search works using the syntax shown, but Evernote adds parenthesis to the search string upon saving, which renders the search inactive.

I've tried several complex searches including negatives and I can't replicate the problem.I have tried all the types of searches mentioned by previous posters from 18 months ago.  Unfortunately you are still not sharing the exact search string that is causing the problem. Are you on the most upto date version of the Windows client (10.52.8)? Have you tried running the search on the the web version as I suggested?