After saving a note as PDF.document it´s not possible to open the PDF

Go to solution Solved by Daniel93,

• Solution

Hey everybody,

I saved some notes as PDF. document but unfortunately it´s not possible to open them. In my notes there were a lot of Screenshots and my intention was in a PDF document I can search words in Screenshots or at least I can use an OCR Reader.
Thank you for your help! :)

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you save screenshots as JPG or PNG they'll be OCR'd and searchable.  If you save as a PDF you have to create a 'searchable' PDF before saving.  You say you're having trouble opening these files - what exactly happens when you try to open one?

On 7/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, Daniel93 said:

Hey everybody,

I saved some notes as PDF. document but unfortunately it´s not possible to open them. In my notes there were a lot of Screenshots and my intention was in a PDF document I can search words in Screenshots or at least I can use an OCR Reader.
Thank you for your help! :)

Hi, can you please describe how you saved notes as pdf ?  On PC you can only save to pdf by printing to a pdf file. Can you specify the platform and evernote version?

The latest version on Android phone will not allow you to search inside a pdf when opened  on a mobile phone.  I just contacted support about it because we used to be able to and now you can't.  It was my most used feature. It's unbelievable... the frustration of paying for a note service for years and losing the ability to  find something within as a 500 page pdf (such as instruction manuals).  Now, you have to wait till you're on a desktop (and not out in the field working) or spend your time downloading the pdf to your phone, cluttering its memory up, and opening it in a pdf viewer on the phone that has a search option.  Here's what I was told:

Arnold L. (Evernote Help and Learning)

Jul 11, 2021, 22:25 PDT

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Evernote Customer Support. I'm Arnold, and I'll be assisting you on this ticket.

On my understanding you are asking about the option to search within a PDF on mobile devices. This option is only available for desktop,