Why web version counts as the a separate device

Very weird thing happened. Haven't used web version for a long time. And when i tired to log in to the web version to make some quick notes cuz i didn't have access to my registered devices. It said that I have to disconnect 1 of my devices to enter web version. And this is really weird thing to do that. 

Why web version counts as a separate device? this is very strange thing to do. Because sometimes you cant use your registered devices and all you have is just a web browser to enter Evernote, to make some quick notes or to recall some of the ideas. But you can't access your notes from a different device through web. What if I just need 1 time access to my notes, you didn't think about this kind of necessity ? 

Very greedy strategy. I'm getting upset with Evernote more and more, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

EN can do with the Basic plan what they feel appropriate. There is no contract between EN and Basic users - that is different for the subscribers. For the web client the bottom line is that it is now on feature parity with the other clients.

The change to count it into the devices was made last October, if I remember it correctly. Another restriction is to only allow a certain number of device un-/ resyncs per month.

It is a move that obviously makes the Basic plan a little less comfortable. I assume they were aware of this when they decided to go ahead.

You value your use of EN less than a cup of „to go“ per month. That is not much, IMHO nothing to get upset about if it has this little value.

Edit: When I use the phone to answer, the account status is not visible. What was said applies to Basic account. Plus should not encounter a device limit. If it persists, issue a support ticket.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Karl BULEON said:

Very weird thing happened. Haven't used web version for a long time. And when i tired to log in to the web version to make some quick notes cuz i didn't have access to my registered devices. It said that I have to disconnect 1 of my devices to enter web version. And this is really weird thing to do that. 

Hi.  You're showing here as a subscriber,  and AFAIK that restriction only applied to Basic contracts per @PinkElephant above - has your subscription lapsed recently?  Did you log in via a different account?  According to Evernote, Plus accounts do not have a device limit.  If your experience is different please contact Support to discuss the matter...