Allow note links (and perhaps rich text) in Tasks

Jon Tornetta

Idea

I like the concept of "Tasks", but a lot of my "to-dos" are currently notes. Or, if not, they often reference other notes in my Evernote account.

When Evernote app links to notes are copied, the URL of the note should nest inside of the body of the task, just like how it works within the rest of Evernote.

Would help make tasks more usable by integrating them more thoroughly within the rest of Evernote architecture.

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

On 7/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, Jon Tornetta said:

I like the concept of "Tasks", but a lot of my "to-dos" are currently notes. Or, if not, they often reference other notes in my Evernote account.

When Evernote app links to notes are copied, the URL of the note should nest inside of the body of the task, just like how it works within the rest of Evernote.

Would help make tasks more usable by integrating them more thoroughly within the rest of Evernote architecture.

I agree, I have tried several times to add an internal link to a task. It is an obvious feature that would add versatility to ones workflow. 

• Level 5

Currently tasks are embedded into notes, and the information going with it is resting in the note.

Maybe EN will change this - for now use the task as a pointer, and put the information into the note. This works better with smaller notes, and more of them.

For a project you can create a table of content in a master note, and place the task notes into it by links.